BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm a canadian heading to europe this summer and was wondering how the cops feel about loud pipes. Are they cool with them?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm a canadian heading to europe this summer and was wondering how the cops feel about loud pipes. Are they cool with them?
They can be a bit tough in the UK, but depends how your riding at the time (i.e drawing attention to yourself). Most of them will ignore it though, so your prob be fine here!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Where are you going exactly? Some places are better than others.

An aftermarket with a db killer is usually sufficient.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be going through France, Spain, Switz, Italy, Germany, and Ireland. I don't plan on drawing to much attention to myself but how do you not with an S1000 haha.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well Swtizerland is the worst, but if you are doing alp roads then it should be fine. You could probably get away without a db killer, but if you plan on going quick then I would put it in. If it's close to stock, it won't be an issue.

If you had a loud can and crossed the border at a major crossing then they might not like it. Just stay under the radar...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys. Sounds like this could get interesting. I still have the option of choosing what exhaust goes on it, so time isn't much of an issue. I know that i'm going to put an Austin Racing unit on it but I don't want the ultimate gp can to be too noisy. If it were staying in Canada I wouldn't even have a doubt but I don't need any hassle on this trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts