BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW S1000RR M Package
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this is a dumb question but do I need to use some kind of special tools when adding/ tightening titanium and aluminum bolts and nuts on my bike? I don’t want to mess them up.
Also have an aluminum or something nut to go on the center of the handle bars and I’m sure it has to be tightened really tight.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
901 Posts
No special tools required. In my experience, quality tools are less likely to slip and mar fasteners. And not over-torqueing will avoid damage. For the steering stem nut, I sometimes wrap the surfaces that contact the socket or other tool in a layer of painter's tape to reduce scuffing. I always have trouble getting that one tight without some damage.

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW S1000RR M Package
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No special tools required. In my experience, quality tools are less likely to slip and mar fasteners. And not over-torqueing will avoid damage. For the steering stem nut, I sometimes wrap the surfaces that contact the socket or other tool in a layer of painter's tape to reduce scuffing. I always have trouble getting that one tight without some damage.
and that one torques at 100 Nm ?

thanks bro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts