BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the 11:20 session from today's 6/16/17 Thunderhill East track day with Fun Track Dayz. Times vary between 2:10 and 2:23. It was hot. I need new tires. And sleep.

Also, testing cruise control. Next time will go for knee down >:D

·
4,589 Posts
cruise control on the track. A very BMW-like rider behavior lol. Lucky no coaches saw you, you would have gotten a warning for that. Or at least with some of the org I ride with.

TH is awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cruise control on the track. A very BMW-like rider behavior lol. Lucky no coaches saw you, you would have gotten a warning for that. Or at least with some of the org I ride with.

TH is awesome!
don't worry z00, it was done by a professional on a closed course :wink2: but for realz00 it was end of C group session at 3:40pm in 100F heat, just me and the cameraman laughing his ass off at me :grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Yesterday was much less crowded than today. 2nd session B+ got red flagged. Big crash that somehow snapped the front wheel off the forks and dumped oil all over 10. :frown2: Yesterday I had no issues with sweat inside the helmet. Today, it was like there was a water faucet on my forehead. :rolleyes:. Need a bandana/ skull cap or something to keep sweat out of my eyes on these scorchers. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like your idea of wet / frozen neck roll, that plus a cap should keep me going all day on these hot days! Wonder what could have caused the wheel to snap off!?

Here's some snippets of traffic from the full session for those with adhd symptoms

·
4,589 Posts
Yesterday was much less crowded than today. 2nd session B+ got red flagged. Big crash that somehow snapped the front wheel off the forks and dumped oil all over 10. :frown2: Yesterday I had no issues with sweat inside the helmet. Today, it was like there was a water faucet on my forehead. :rolleyes:. Need a bandana/ skull cap or something to keep sweat out of my eyes on these scorchers. :surprise:
Skull cap is a must, be sure to eat salty foods, and pee before going on the track each session so you don't sweat as much :wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts