BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Ok, so most everyone seems to have the same problem, with the bad vibration on the bars.

We have used these Throttlemeisters ourselves and they work great.
Not only do you get a Solid/heavy bar end to cut down on the vibration, you ALSO get a really slick throttle lock/Cruise control.

Which is really nice when you have a long ride, and need to relax your right hand. It works pretty well.

Well, it Seems most everyone agreed on BLACK.

SO, we are going to Do this GB on Black Standard and BLACK Heavy.

We peronally have always used the Heavy, because we want the most vibration reduction possible.
The Heavy model works and mounts the same as our standard model but is .400 Inch longer and weighs approximately 2-3 oz more per side. This should help reduce vibration. We have also received a lot of comments that it's easier to operat because of the bigger size. (Weights are an average and may vary depending on the type of mounting kit needed for the installation).

We just need 10 Orders, to get it done.

Promise, we want to get this done as fast as you do.
No slouching on this. :)

Click here to place your order, and get locked in.... also more details, photos, description.....etc... ALL at this Link below:

>> THROTTLEMEISTER <<

Standard vs Heavy

UPDATE EDIT: 5-14-10

Ok, so we got a chance to pull them out and install.
It's actually a pretty nice kit. Perfect fit and finish.
Solid Materials, and looks decent, considering the purpose is to cut down on vibration.. not to looik flashy. :)

The Kit includes two Stainless Dowles that go into the grip ends.

Then they give you an assortment of shims so you can get proper distance from your grips. They also include a torx key to remove stock bar ends, since not everyone has those in their tool box. And of course some loctite.

We took the bike out and test rode it down the interstate.
In OUR Opinion... it helped cut down the vib in our hands.

And the Throttle Lock/Cruise control worked effortlessly. WIN WIN.

So, It appears to be........ Money well spent. :D

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for organizing, just did the deed. Hope you get the minimum order. Assuming we do, any idea how long?

- Mark

We are wanting to do it as fast as possible.

The faster we can get 10, the faster we can ship them out.

Should only take 2-3 days from TM to us. Then 2-3 days from us to you.

·
Administrator
7,705 Posts
Awesome fellas! Just ordered a set of the Black Heavy ones. Thanks for setting up the Group Buy - great work! Look forward to getting them.

Come on Forum Members, looks like we need just a handful more orders to get this thing processes ;)

D

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Awesome fellas! Just ordered a set of the Black Heavy ones. Thanks for setting up the Group Buy - great work! Look forward to getting them.

Come on Forum Members, looks like we need just a handful more orders to get this thing processes ;)

D
I'm in!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
how does the throttle lock work?
Extremely simple and described in the above link - rotating the bar end in the direction of increasing throttle smoothly increases friction and locks the throttle so you can relax and remove your hand from the bar and the bike will hold throttle setting. Other way releases the lock. It is very smooth and easy once you get the hang of it. And you always set the adjustment so that it is never so tight you can't rotate it closed against the friction.

The nice thing about TM's is that it is totally self-contained and simply looks like a nice bar-end weight with a matching one on the other side. No Rube Goldberg setup like the Vista Cruises gizmos that looks like they should be on a Harley Road King with tassles in the ends of the handlebars. (To be fair the VC's work quite well if you can get one fitted and don't mind having the contraption on your throttle).

- Mark

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

The Right hand side bar end is mounted with a spring loaded cam.
You turn the bar end just a little bit, and it slowly engages an internal cam that locks the throttle. NEVER to a point where you cannot easily override with your hand.

It actually works really well.

Obviously, they don't self adjust like a car, so if your on really hilly roads, you may need to reach down to adjust a little.
But, on FLATE Road, we have used them for miles at a time, and no adjustments.

In the end, it's all about cutting out some of the Handle Bar Vibration... AND...... giving your right hand a few moments of rest while still riding.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh haha i diddnt see that. no shipping to canada?

Oh yea, we ship to Canada... All the time. :)

All you need to do is place an order, and we will send you some shipping options once we have all your information (Address, ...etc.).

If choose not to go with any of the shipping options, we can cancel the order, no worries.

·
Registered
285 Posts
While these Throttlemeister bar ends are very well made and they have sold jillions of them over the years, I had them on an R1100S and found that the throttle lock function is kind of awkward at best. When you are cruising down the road, you either have to take your hand off the throttle to rotate the bar end, or you have to rotate the bar end and the throttle at the same time; or you have to set it before you ride, which gives you very crappy throttle control all the time. If you have two right hands, setting it while riding is no problem. :)

On my RT a $10 Throttle Rocker works a lot better, but it would look toolish on the RR. Besides I don't need a throttle lock on the RR, nor am I have any vibration problems.

That said, the weights helped with the vibes on the S, sure enough.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
While these Throttlemeister bar ends are very well made and they have sold jillions of them over the years, I had them on an R1100S and found that the throttle lock function is kind of awkward at best. When you are cruising down the road, you either have to take your hand off the throttle to rotate the bar end, or you have to rotate the bar end and the throttle at the same time; or you have to set it before you ride, which gives you very crappy throttle control all the time. If you have two right hands, setting it while riding is no problem. :)
I also had a R1100S and while it took a little practice, I had no issue with setting/unsetting the TM while holding steady throttle. It is slightly awkward initially, but I got the hang of it within a few hours of use, rotating your ring and pinkie fingers while holding the throttle with your index and middle fingers. And I used to do a lot of on-the-go photography from the bike which required use of my right hand to operate the camera so I did it a LOT. I got to the point where I could set the throttle, get my camera out of my Aerostich, and take a shot in a few seconds.

Some riders also prefer reaching across their body to twist the bar end with their left hand.

I've used the TM Kaoko, and several models of vista cruise on various bikes and while none are perfect - I wish motorcycle mfgs would simply fit electronic cruise controls to bikes like they do to almost all cars these days - the TM seems like the best overall to me. YMMV, of course.

- Mark

·
Administrator
7,705 Posts
I haven't used this type before (although I will when my set comes in)... but I'd imagine another option would be to just quickly pull the clutch in w/the left hand, set the TM with the right (take hand off throttle and tighten the TM), then let back out of the clutch and give it throttle to where you wanna be and it'll remain there.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...... - I wish motorcycle mfgs would simply fit electronic cruise controls to bikes like they do to almost all cars these days - the TM seems like the best overall to me. YMMV, of course.

- Mark

That would be very cool.

Then again, these are sport bikes... not Gold Wings. :)

Maybe costs, and weight trump our need to for cruise control. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts

That would be very cool.

Then again, these are sport bikes... not Gold Wings. :)

Maybe costs, and weight trump our need to for cruise control. :D

Given that the RR is throttle by wire and has a lot of software for traction control, cruise control would just require some software (no weight) and another switch on the throttle side (3 grams?).

1 - 20 of 161 Posts