BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next month (November) the California Superbike School will be selling 30 2020 S1000RR's. Most are HIGH MILEAGE, meaning between 15,000 and 25,000 miles. Some with less. Original bodywork gets stored and then re-fitted on them so the bodywork is 9/10. You can get the bike delivered in street trim or track trim. Track trim is $800 less. Comes cleaned and serviced with new Dunlops. Twenty of them are M-package, 9 are red. Prices will PROBABLY range from about $14,500 for the highest mileage to $18,000 for the nicest ones with low mileage (low for us is under 10k miles).

People with particular requirements and lists of specific demands usually get low priority from our mechanic who is the one who manages the selling of the bikes. This means that it's not a back and forth negotiation. He gives you the specs and price and you say "yes" or "pass". He will of course answer all questions about the bike.

In November when the bikes become available you can get sent a list of the bikes and prices. Contact JJ. He can be e-mailed at: chiefmechanic (at) superbikeschool (dot) com

·
Registered
365 Posts
Could I ask why you are selling all of them, and what are you replacing them with?
They replace their fleet every year with the new year model. Nothing wrong with the machines they just get new ones every year.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Must...not...buy...one... KTM finally announced the 890 Adventure R, so, that does it for me. Damn tempting though...

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Buy both.
I would, but I'm also getting a Can-Am Maverick X3 X RC Turbo RR, and an Aluma trailer for it next year, so... I want to get all my toys now so I can enjoy them before I get too old to enjoy them or die! With the crappy roads here, even my 2015 is kind of wasted...

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
OK, I will let you off this time as you have other toys on the way.

It's fun spending other's money.
As I have no kids to worry about, I plan on dying with as many toys and as much debt as possible, and enjoying every minute of it! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of these bikes, CSS is a top notch org.

I would expect there to be full service records. How did you go about getting the break in miles? Regular classes and the riders had to deal with limited rpm?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Next month (November) the California Superbike School will be selling 30 2020 S1000RR's. Most are HIGH MILEAGE, meaning between 15,000 and 25,000 miles. Some with less. Original bodywork gets stored and then re-fitted on them so the bodywork is 9/10. You can get the bike delivered in street trim or track trim. Track trim is $800 less. Comes cleaned and serviced with new Dunlops. Twenty of them are M-package, 9 are red. Prices will PROBABLY range from about $14,500 for the highest mileage to $18,000 for the nicest ones with low mileage (low for us is under 10k miles).

People with particular requirements and lists of specific demands usually get low priority from our mechanic who is the one who manages the selling of the bikes. This means that it's not a back and forth negotiation. He gives you the specs and price and you say "yes" or "pass". He will of course answer all questions about the bike.

In November when the bikes become available you can get sent a list of the bikes and prices. Contact JJ. He can be e-mailed at: chiefmechanic (at) superbikeschool (dot) com
Does your pricing include tax and other fees?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone bought bikes from CSS before? Anything to look out for in terms of buying a bike that's all track miles?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone bought bikes from CSS before? Anything to look out for in terms of buying a bike that's all track miles?
One comment on those lines is we've regualrly had our staff buy fleet bikes for their personal track bikes and race bikes. One of our coaches already has a 2020 reserved that he plans on racing.
There are some people on this forum who have purchased the bikes and they should chime in.

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
I have not personally brought a bike, but I have worked on 1 locally for RCK3 / HP power race enables added. The bike was in exactly the shape and condition as any other used bike well taken care of. Its all about the maintenance. CSS has professional people working for them and they have sold these fleet bikes for years. I have never seen a lemon compliant.

Reactions: CYCLE_MONKEY

·
8,410 Posts
I helped a couple of friends buy 2019 CSS bikes. Both were in good condition, my friends turned them into track bikes. I suggest buying them with track body work. JJ and his team that maintain the bikes, take great care of them. I suggest each buyer to inspect the bike to their liking. Also you can discuss with JJ to get better discounts if buying more than one bike.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very interesting. send me the list of M package ones.
We have 20 of the M package ones. But you're going to want to contact our mechanic because I don't handle the sales. His email is at the beginning of this thread.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts