BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says it would be nice to have a built in button for garage door opener so I don't have to pull out phone or dig in my pockets for it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I Velcro an opener to the bottom of the horizontal open plastic (black on my M Sport RR) of the fairing that surrounds the triple clamp. I remove it when I wash the bike. It easily reaches/presses with my gloved hand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can retro fit a remote starter valet switch in one of the OEM control switches and it's very discreet. Wire it up to a remote opener and there ya go.

Here's a picture of one that I did in my R6

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can retro fit a remote starter valet switch in one of the OEM control switches and it's very discreet. Wire it up to a remote opener and there ya go
Cars have came with garage door remote controls for years. You have to train and program them but the tech is available.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Is there any solution for the garage doors that don't have a remote. The one in my building uses a black (im guessing magnetic) strip to open the door as you approach, similar to RFID

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Nimster - try talking to the building super and find out what system is used. If your guess is correct a strong magnet in the belly just might do it. Perhaps there are remotes available.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been meaning to open a thread on this, by accident I found out that the 2020 s1000rr has a built in UHF tag, type of RFID, I'm assuming its used in automated production lines. Also used to auto open gate barriers, i have a 868 MHz UHF reader at home for the cars, and I noticed the reader is detecting a tag number on the bike, added it to the controller and now everytime I approach the garage it opens.
You can get a controller and reader for about 200-300 US. Installs to any garage door.
Thought ill share this as I was surprised a tag is build in somewhere on the bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been meaning to open a thread on this, by accident I found out that the 2020 s1000rr has a built in UHF tag, type of RFID, I'm assuming its used in automated production lines. Also used to auto open gate barriers, i have a 868 MHz UHF reader at home for the cars, and I noticed the reader is detecting a tag number on the bike, added it to the controller and now everytime I approach the garage it opens.
You can get a controller and reader for about 200-300 US. Installs to any garage door.
Thought ill share this as I was surprised a tag is build in somewhere on the bike.
would definitely like to see a thread with a complete writeup on this!

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
would definitely like to see a thread with a complete writeup on this!
Exactly! Parts shopping list and setup details please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have a zippered pockets on the outer thigh area of my BMW City 2 pants. I keep my garage remote in the left pocket and can easily push the button through the pants when approaching the garage. By the time I'm in front of the garage, the door is open and I ride right in. Been doing this for 8 years now and it's worked perfectly.

Most riding pants don't seem to have these kinds of pockets, though...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts