BMW S1000RR Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts
I currently have 5327km on the rear, looks half worn, 7323km on the front, one side worn and feathered more than the other due to roundabouts and road camber, feels like its falling over.

Not many twisties due to covid borders :(

Hi guys. Seems like you have a lot of experience with road/sport tires. Can anyone tell me if any of road/sport tires is a good idea for s1000xr? Stock tires are sport-touring, but I would like to try something which can help better handling/cornering, sacrificing the mileage. I’m less concerned about wet behavior though I would expect such tires perform well under various rainy conditions. Would any of these road/sport tires that you talk about here be good thing to try? Which one?

Thanks!

Hi guys. Seems like you have a lot of experience with road/sport tires. Can anyone tell me if any of road/sport tires is a good idea for s1000xr? Stock tires are sport-touring, but I would like to try something which can help better handling/cornering, sacrificing the mileage. I’m less concerned about wet behavior though I would expect such tires perform well under various rainy conditions. Would any of these road/sport tires that you talk about here be good thing to try? Which one?

Thanks!
Ive been through lots of tires on my 18 XR .. Road 5s , Roadsmart 3s and , Roadsmart 4s... my favorite are the Dunlop Roadsmart 4s.... The Road 5s are great, but in the wear dept the Roadsmart 4 wins for me. .

Ive been through lots of tires on my 18 XR .. Road 5s , Roadsmart 3s and , Roadsmart 4s... my favorite are the Dunlop Roadsmart 4s.... The Road 5s are great, but in the wear dept the Roadsmart 4 wins for me. .
Thanks, I’ve also considering them. However all these are still sport-touring, aren’t they? I think if I can gain something from road/sport tires - designed to perform on track but also eligible for road conditions.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.