BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW S1000RR Hockenheim Silver
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three great routes, one fantastic day! “Shelby” earned her first “Dragon” sticker yesterday. She experienced Moonshiner 28 and the Cherohala Skyway as well. I believe she survived it better than me. I’m “feeling it” a bit today but it sure was fun!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Nice! So jealous! Missed my multiple times a year trek down to the Gap. Used to live in Knoxville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Amok

·
Registered
23 Posts
ahhh, color me jealous :cry:. also missed last years trip, but looking to come down there in early fall this year with my new S1000RR

·
Vendor
3,682 Posts
I have been there on 3 different GSXR's and my 2015 S1000RR.. but have not made it there yet on my 2020.. this year for sure however. Best to ride 129 tuesday to thursday. less patrol seems like.

Reactions: bennymx and cjc

·
Registered
2021 BMW S1000RR Hockenheim Silver
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been there on 3 different GSXR's and my 2015 S1000RR.. but have not made it there yet on my 2020.. this year for sure however. Best to ride 129 tuesday to thursday. less patrol seems like.
Absolutely correct. This was my 4th time riding The Dragon after moving to Knoxville a little over a year. After the 1st time I said to myself “self, don’t go on the weekend again.” Three times since then I’ve said the same thing to myself including this weekend. 😂
You’re correct about Tues-Thur. LEO was out this weekend. One guy in our group got ticketed at 31 mph over. We’ll see how that turns out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Man I thought USA cops were a bit more chill than our AU counterparts (with regards to speeding, not shooting yo ass).
Weekend spirited riding over here is a risk on all the good roads.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Man I thought USA cops were a bit more chill than our AU counterparts (with regards to speeding, not shooting yo ass).
Weekend spirited riding over here is a risk on all the good roads.
So far I've been pretty lucky with cops. State troopers always give me a ticket (x2 that I remember), but every "local" cop has let me go (x4 that I remember) - even when pulled over for passing on a double yellow line or being substantially over a speed limit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts