BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bike about 10 days back and was so eager to take some pictures, but the weather has been crazy here. Finally found time to take few shots. Sorry guys...no racetracks here, just pure nature and photography!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yaaawn. Nice photography. Boring bike. 10 days and no mods yet! Common man.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yaaawn. Nice photography. Boring bike. 10 days and no mods yet! Common man.
Thanks. Not a big fan of unnecessary mods, but I am doing only whats really required. The following are already on the bike:
1. Gilles frame sliders
2. LSL fork sliders
3. LSL rear sliders
4. RAM mount
The following are on their way:
1. TecBike cat cover
2. Powerlet harness for hardwired power outlets
3. Black windscreen
4. LED turn signals
5. Drop sensor

·
Registered
132 Posts
those are some fuzzie pics for a photographer.....nice bike and right back drop ect.....but too blurry. what camera you shooting with?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
those are some fuzzie pics for a photographer.....nice bike and right back drop ect.....but too blurry. what camera you shooting with?
Nikon D80 with 18-135mm lens. They probably seem fuzzie because they were shot under low light with long exposure and high ISO.
...and I am not a photographer :D

·
Vendor
7,705 Posts
Thanks. Not a big fan of unnecessary mods, but I am doing only whats really required. The following are already on the bike:
1. Gilles frame sliders
2. LSL fork sliders
3. LSL rear sliders
4. RAM mount
The following are on their way:
1. TecBike cat cover
2. Powerlet harness for hardwired power outlets
3. Black windscreen
4. LED turn signals
5. Drop sensor
Me neither!

·
Registered
132 Posts
gotcha, d80 not a bad camera at all. I shoot with a d90 now. auto mode is best for beginners or atleast shoot with a priority mode that way you dont have to adjust so many options at once.. Night photography is always tricky esp. without a tripod. Nice bike tho :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gotcha, d80 not a bad camera at all. I shoot with a d90 now. auto mode is best for beginners or atleast shoot with a priority mode that way you dont have to adjust so many options at once.. Night photography is always tricky esp. without a tripod. Nice bike tho :)
The camera was mounted on a tripod and was on full Manual mode. I like to play with the settings, so do not use Auto or other semi-auto modes. As you pointed out, those are for beginners.
The shutter speed was 1/5sec, F-number was 3.6 and ISO 640 (no flash). These settings will anyways not yield very crisp photos under low light. I guess a remote trigger might have helped :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
stuckincustom.com check it......low light photos taken properly can yield the most rewarding pictures there are......especially with clouds and back drops like you were taking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its not blurry at all, the focus is perfect. Its noise, it does come from High ISO shots, but its also useful in creating black and white images, which these would be phenomenal as, but youd lose the acid green effect,

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This pic looks equally good in B&W! Thanks mellowdave!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts