BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few incidents where it blacks out momentarily and reboots itself within a couple of seconds while riding. Was told BMW knows about it and a service campaign is issued for affected bikes. Was given the documentation and diagrams of what is causing this by my dealer when my forks were resealed this week. It is caused by the harness at the right side and worst case scenario the TFT will not reset itself. The harness is currently on its way for me to have it replaced. Dealer sent a video of that happening to BMW a while ago when I first caught it on my helmet cam.
Good news is they acknowledge and will fix it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Happened a few times to mine as well. Of course it's random and never happens for the dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad my dealer is quick to act on issues I bring up and always very good with their information. It's not moisture in the fuse box as suspected by some. By the way, mine has always been dry when after pressure washed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have had a few incidents where it blacks out momentarily and reboots itself within a couple of seconds while riding. Was told BMW knows about it and a service campaign is issued for affected bikes. Was given the documentation and diagrams of what is causing this by my dealer when my forks were resealed this week. It is caused by the harness at the right side and worst case scenario the TFT will not reset itself. The harness is currently on its way for me to have it replaced. Dealer sent a video of that happening to BMW a while ago when I first caught it on my helmet cam.
Good news is they acknowledge and will fix it.
I have the TFT blank out happening too. Can you share the documentation and diagrams?

I mentioned my experience to my dealer when I brought it to the break-in service. Apparently they have not heard from anyone else experiencing it. However, they did suggest it could be harness OR possibly software glitch.

During the break-in service, they did find there is a software update to the TFT. Due to my logistics need, I booked a separate appointment to get the TFT s/w update done in couple weeks. If there is now a service campaign issued, that can hopefully help resolve on my bike without a bunch of trial and error.

By the way, when we view the software version via the TFT, is that the TFT software version or is that the ECU version? Attached is what’s currently on my bike.

from using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same Herę. My dealer do not know of any others having the same issue. It was my video clip that was sent to BMW weeks ago that got a response. They believe the harness is the culprit and not all bikes arę affected. I will provide more detalis when i have minę done later this month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts