BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
9,189 Posts
There is an all new 2023 R1, will be interesting to see where Yamaha takes it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
There's an all new S1000RR if the chap on here that ordered a 2023 is correct...(someone posted the 2023 wasn't going to be withdealers till March)

·
9,189 Posts
Some rumors of 23 R1 to have seamless gearbox.
Or Yamaha switches to EV bikes lol. Since they made R1 track only like R6.

·
9,189 Posts
^ So many situations to use 1st gear, but I avoid it so I don't hit a false neutral. That button neutral press provides a huge safety net.

Reactions: goffred and Alex_UK

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's not a BMW. But this video was pretty cool I thought.

Thanks Benny I found this really interesting. No stats to back it up, but my gut feeling is that it seems the BMW hasn't caught up to last year's bike, let alone the additional 10-15 seconds a race they've improved this year?

I do need one of those hot/cold taps though, at Wakefield for the last corner! Finding neutral there on the bumps = finding the gravel. You don't crash, but it f**ks the lap and soils the leathers :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yet more proof that our bikes are nothing like a WSBK bike. Literally, the entire bike is modified.
Aw c'mon man that's ruining Xmas, they've got stickers in the same position as the headlights, and the same badges. That makes me Scott Redding everytime i ride!

It's mind-blowing how much more force they are putting into the bike. If I try and ride 1 second a lap quicker at my snails pace I'm buggered. Have a look at a K67 and see the value it displays for "maximum" braking pressure. Compare that to what he says for Toprak, it's a different league.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
715 Posts
I think he said Bautista weighs 53kgs. Christ what a midget.
Approaching jockey weight territory. I hope the bike riders don't end up like the jockeys. Anorexic, bolemic, vomiting after meals to keep their weight down and having to wear dentures because the acid from the vomit wears out teeth like there is no tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's an all new S1000RR if the chap on here that ordered a 2023 is correct...(someone posted the 2023 wasn't going to be withdealers till March)
Yep my order is canceled for 2023 model by the factory. To the end of the year they will continue manufacturing 2022 models as with the current specs and either this July or at EICMA they will announce model update for S1K RR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts