BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it and, considering your lack of gear, glad to see you were riding at a very moderate pace.....

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I hope the OP bought the pictures from the photographers... They provide a great service for all the riders.
Well, I see a lot of: "Low-Res Proof" watermarks on the posted pics, so.....

I agree though, if I rode there or Mulholland Dr., as long as the price was reasonable, I'd buy a copy. I have a hard time spending big $ for a picture of myself I could have a friend take for free.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've always wondered, to those who have purchased pictures before, how much do the pictures that the photographers take cost on average?
Typically $5.00 or so per photo. That's what Killboy or 129 Slayer the dragon photo guys usually charge. Active Shooters Photography came to Roebling Road Raceway in Savannah back in December and photographed riders for 2 days. His rates were like 1 for $7 3 for $20 or all of the photo's that you want for $45.

I like seeing photo's of myself to learn from. How I think my form looks and how it really looks are not always the same. I appreciate the service and usually buy some just so they will keep coming out and taking them.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Ive ridden the dragon on two separate trips and did many runs on those. The photo guys are great and provide a superb service for a reasonable price. I agree with everyone else who has spoken up to say that proper gear on the dragon is a necessity.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Typically $5.00 or so per photo. That's what Killboy or 129 Slayer the dragon photo guys usually charge. Active Shooters Photography came to Roebling Road Raceway in Savannah back in December and photographed riders for 2 days. His rates were like 1 for $7 3 for $20 or all of the photo's that you want for $45.

I like seeing photo's of myself to learn from. How I think my form looks and how it really looks are not always the same. I appreciate the service and usually by some just so they will keep coming out and taking them.
Oh WOW. I honestly thought it would be in the hundreds for such awesome moving shots and plus, I always see people showing off proofs instead of the real picture so I just assumed it was super expensive. That's a really reasonable price! Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, I see a lot of: "Low-Res Proof" watermarks on the posted pics, so.....

I agree though, if I rode there or Mulholland Dr., as long as the price was reasonable, I'd buy a copy. I have a hard time spending big $ for a picture of myself I could have a friend take for free.....
They are reasonable enough, I think. For friends to take vids or pictures, the setup is the tough part. I've thought about it a couple times. You have to get your buddy to go ahead of you. Get setup and hope that he's a real photographer and all the shots aren't blurred, etc. PLus it's just more fun to be riding together. I love that these guys are out there and capture me and my wife on our dual rr's flying by. Sometimes they get whole group in a line, which looks really cool.The pictures are perfectly in focus and make you look amazing...lol!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Those prices are VERY reasonable, I too expected "artists" prices, in the high double or triple digits. I'd certainly pay for a couple of those in hi-res (hopefully at least 8 megapixel) form. Good to know if I ever make it there!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Those prices are VERY reasonable, I too expected "artists" prices, in the high double or triple digits. I'd certainly pay for a couple of those in hi-res (hopefully at least 8 megapixel) form. Good to know if I ever make it there!
Last time I was there the companies were also renting GO pro cameras for you to use. The guys on the side of the road have lenses like sport photographers use at events. They're real top notch pictures and they have found the best spots to park and snap a whole whack of pictures as you pass by. You get to go online and sort by the date to find your shots. Real breeze to do. I will definitely be returning with my S1000RR to get some nice glamour shots that none of my friends can take with cell phones or point and shoot cameras. These guys are pros.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Last time I was there the companies were also renting GO pro cameras for you to use.
Now THAT is cool, I'd have loved to have rented a GoPro several times in the past, for maybe a week at a time. Depending on the price, it might be cheaper to rent one every year than to buy one. I'll have to look into that, thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
high res is definitely worth it. While I like the photo my wife took with me overtaking the guy on the GXSR its not real focused compared to the other taken by the pro. I need a way faster telephoto lens in order to make those photo's work which costs $1400.00. I can get a lot of high res photo's for that kind of money and hopefully my wife will be on the track this season with her RR instead of taking pictures.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts