BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Synto Adjustable Brake and Clutch levers are a race-proven design that will have other gear-savvy riders jealous when they see them installed on your bike. Made from billet aluminum stock that is precision CNC-machined to fit your BMW perfectly, these levers are available in both short (~5cm shorter than OEM) and long (~2cm shorter than OEM) versions. You may choose from six different colors for BOTH the levers and the six-point adjuster tab – all of which are bound to your motorcycle with a black adaptor base.

Fabricated in Germany, these aftermarket motorcycle levers take into account lessons learned in MotoGP with an “airbox” machined into the lever near the tip which prevents wind from slightly applying the front brake while at speed – if you happen to travel that fast. While Synto brake and clutch levers are non-folding units, a break-away tab is machined into each lever that is designed to fail in the event of an unfortunate crash, possibly sparing damage to your bike’s brake and clutch perches.

These levers can be ordered as a complete brake and clutch set, or individually. Call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 to orders yours today. If you have any questions, please send him an email – FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with SYNTO LEVERS in the subject line.

Levers and tabs are available in any combination of: silver, gold, red, blue, black and titanium. Shown here are titanium levers with black adjusters.

The levers have an excellent finish that is free of burrs and rough spots.

Simple adjuster tabs are easily operated with your hands on the bars.

Fail points are machined into each lever to reduce the likelihood of damage to your clutch perch or brake master cylinder in the event of a crash.

High-quality hardware is used in the assembly of these levers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
And so...?

I ask the inevitable question...does the clutch lever (easily, by design) accomodate the clutch switch springy thingy?

PY

·
Vendor
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's a fair questions. The Synto levers do not replace the clutch perch and so, by design, are designed to retain use of the OEM clutch safety switch.

As you can see here, the rectangular block just to the right of the KH39 inscription is designed to do just that. You just need to install the OEM actuator tab on the lever and you're all set.

Installed on the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
price please

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's a fair questions. The Synto levers do not replace the clutch perch and so, by design, are designed to retain use of the OEM clutch safety switch.

As you can see here, the rectangular block just to the right of the KH39 inscription is designed to do just that. You just need to install the OEM actuator tab on the lever and you're all set.

Installed on the bike.
Just got my levers...great price and quick delivery. Question on clutch lever hardware. How do I remove the fastner on the OEM lever to install on the Synto? I can't see any threads in the hole on the Synto and the OEM fastner looks like a rivet.

(I noticed my lever is now pictured in this post. Good choice.)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Question on clutch lever hardware. How do I remove the fastner on the OEM lever to install on the Synto? I can't see any threads in the hole on the Synto and the OEM fastner looks like a rivet.
If you're taking about the lever pivot, the OEM pivot bolt doesn't thread like the brake side - it just seats into a square hole which stops it from turning while you tighten the nut on the back side. There may be a bushing you have to transfer from the OEM lever to the aftermarket. If you're talking about the mounting post for the clutch switch tang, it has a ridiculously TINY torx screw that hopefully the vendor provides a key for.

- Mark

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got them installed and the clutch switch works fine. Took a little effort to thread the spring mount with the OEM self taping Torx. It's a T-7. Mine are the gold/blue pictured.

Now my little hand can work the clutch and I can compensate for lever fade while on the straights. I have CRGs and don't miss the roller click feature.

While the clutch was apart, noticed that there was very little grease on in the pivot bushing and the cable felt pretty dry.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts