BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried swapping out the forks on the 2020 with Sachs forks from the previous model? I have a set of 2014 forks with cartridges in them was hoping they would fit straight in. Otherwise I need to order a set for the marzocci forks. I don't have access to the bike ATM so any information will help

·
Vendor
2,210 Posts
There is a size difference in either the upper or the lower triple clamp. It is only 2mm. I cannot remember this moment which area it was.

The DDC seems to react ok with the K46 attached to the wiring and ECU code of the K67. I have tried this on the test bench and there is no errors. Makes me wonder what reaction the K46 DDC components would have in the K67 coding structure.

Now, based on your post you have 2014 cartridges inside some K46 tubes, I am guessing you are trying to remove the DDC and replace with traditional style suspension. That is going to be a problem with error codes and the ABS unit. I have read that part of the DDC coding is now in the ABS module based on the VSS talk to the ABS first. Information from there is sent to the ESA. What the issue is that if the ABS is coded for DDC and you remove it without recoding the ABS to NON DDC, then the ABS does not work correctly. This was not the case with the K46.

I have removed DDC from the M package ECU and cluster already, and I have recoded the ABS to NON DDC based code. I have not tested it since I dont have traditional forks to even get that far in testing it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a size difference in either the upper or the lower triple clamp. It is only 2mm. I cannot remember this moment which area it was.

The DDC seems to react ok with the K46 attached to the wiring and ECU code of the K67. I have tried this on the test bench and there is no errors. Makes me wonder what reaction the K46 DDC components would have in the K67 coding structure.

Now, based on your post you have 2014 cartridges inside some K46 tubes, I am guessing you are trying to remove the DDC and replace with traditional style suspension. That is going to be a problem with error codes and the ABS unit. I have read that part of the DDC coding is now in the ABS module based on the VSS talk to the ABS first. Information from there is sent to the ESA. What the issue is that if the ABS is coded for DDC and you remove it without recoding the ABS to NON DDC, then the ABS does not work correctly. This was not the case with the K46.

I have removed DDC from the M package ECU and cluster already, and I have recoded the ABS to NON DDC based code. I have not tested it since I dont have traditional forks to even get that far in testing it.
Yeah we are replacing the DDC with conventional forks, we have the alpha full motec Kit and the DDC needs to be removed for that anyway and for racing we need conventional setup. Was looking for an easy fix in the short-term by just fitting a set from the old race bike. Sounds like the fork diameter is different from what you said so I need to fit a set of cartridges to the marzocci
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ok I have measured and the lower triple is 1mm bigger on the k67 top is the same. Are you aware if the DDC is disconnected will the forks operate as conventional? I know on the HP4 when it first came out with DDC this wasn't the case but these seem different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts