BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - One of my casters started to bend. I guess its from the force of moving it around. Same thing happened to a friend who gave me the stand. I'll post pics later.

Be sure to check your caster. I wouldn't want your stand to tip.

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Get some good medical grade casters like the ones they used on the Motomfg stand - they tolerate rough floors a lot better. Lowes has them.

Got it. I was thinking of getting something stronger. I'll see what I can find at lowes and Grainger.

Attached are two different pics. One is of my friend's stand. Actual leg started splitting due to force. Keep in mind he pushes his bike on the stand around his garage a lot. Perhaps some washers to distribute the force a bit will help.

As for mine, I'll take the caster off to see if it is bending or started to loosen. Either way, I may upgrade casters.

Attachments

·
4,640 Posts
Looks like you have older style svracing stand. I have newer style sv stand with all black arm distributing the weight evenly.

·
Registered
942 Posts
This also happened to me as I use to roll the bike up on a matt all the time which added more stress on the casters. I noticed the small ball bearing were appearing on the floor.Found that they were falling out as the hubs stretched . So I ended up contacting SV and purchased 3 new casters and stopped using the matt as figured It was the cause of the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts