BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Suspension Fault : Spring Strut Adjustment Faulty! message

14K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Zed_Zbrna 
#1 ·
Hi There

I have a '22 RR M package @ 1100 miles. This is the second time I am getting this Fault on the LCD display and it asks me to ride to next workshop carefully.

First time I got this was just before 600 mile service, during the service they told me they recalibrated (ABL or something similar called) - it is not the DDC calibration option from the settings.

This is the second time, getting this message, the bike was ridden last week and everything was fine, I parked and put her on the rear wheel stand. When I turned on the ignition yesterday the fault popped up.

Is any one familiar with this issue ?
Is this a SW or mechanical issue ?
do you think DDC swingarm height sensor faulty ?

Any info will be appreciated and will be helpful to discuss with the service advisor next week.

Thank you.

See less See more
#3 ·
Why do you think it has anything to do with the DDC? Because the dealer said this? That is the worse thing to believe anything they say in this situation.

You need to get a GS911 and read the existing codes yourself and post that info here. We can help you better if we can really define what the diagnostics read.

The issue could be the more popular things like , O2 intermittent, twist throttle intermittent, coil failure interment. These issues showed up on the 2020, and some 2021 at about 3000 to 6500 miles time however.

That yellow warning box comes up on just about any issue.

When you get the red box of warning, the bike is usually in limp / no run situation.

#5 ·
Some of old people should read the WHOLE title of the thread and then remember you read the whole title. Duh...

But, you will get spring strut error on front fork ( DDC ) or rear spring or the height sensor, or the ESA bad for some reason. Alot of wiring involved there.

Reactions: bennymx
#8 ·
Has there been any programming on the bike in any way?

The height sensor is just a potentiometer. The failure of these even on the K46 was very rare, but sure it can fail. Running the ABL program for calibration is what was tried at the dealer. You can do the CALIB yourself to in the cluster. You might try that too.

There have been several rear shocks blow out on 2020 and a few on 2021. I can see a error from this if the oil level was too low.

Same on the front. Several DDC forks leaked at the seal.

#9 ·
They did another calibration and ran some additional diagnostics . Every thing looks ok but I am told they shared the info with BMW corporate, and possibly may change the rear spring if it happens again. Though spring and everything else seems to be working

#11 ·
Wanted to get back with final status in case some one else faces the same issue
3 rd time the fault happened , they tested all the mechanical and it all came as working condition
also they hit the same fault over night when bike was parked

They updated the SW for the bike mechanics - (not the display SW)- it supposed to be the yet to be released version. So far it is working fine but time will tell. Not sure how to find the SW version that manages the DDC.

#14 ·
Hi There I have a '22 RR M package @ 1100 miles. This is the second time I am getting this Fault on the LCD display and it asks me to ride to next workshop carefully. First time I got this was just before 600 mile service, during the service they told me they recalibrated (ABL or something similar called) - it is not the DDC calibration option from the settings. This is the second time, getting this message, the bike was ridden last week and everything was fine, I parked and put her on the rear wheel stand. When I turned on the ignition yesterday the fault popped up. Is any one familiar with this issue ? Is this a SW or mechanical issue ? do you think DDC swingarm height sensor faulty ? Any info will be appreciated and will be helpful to discuss with the service advisor next week. Thank you.
In my case it happened because of a loose cable on the battery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.