BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Best tire for our bike mostly canyon some track?

Super corsa V2 or V3 or Dunlop Q4 or lastly RS11's

16K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  SimonUK 
#1 ·
Who has ridden any of these back to back? Would you mind sharing your opinions?

#6 ·
Unless you're 100% track days, or don't care if the tire's finished after 500 miles, the Q4 would be too soft. The Q3+ is very close to the same traction levels but with far more longevity. Also, for our area of the world the Pirelli and the Bridgestone tires are more than $100 per set more than the Dunlops. I prefer the Dunlops anyway because the Pirellis take a lot longer to warm up. No experience with the Bridgestones, sorry,

#13 · (Edited)
Normally I would say Dunlop Q3+ ran those a lot on other bikes, but for some reason Dunlop refuses to make a 200/55 tire in Q3.
For what your gonna do I would check the Pirelli Corsa II, no need IMO to go with V2, V3 for the street just more money and they will wear faster.
Mich Power RS I actually like but heard the Power 5 arent as nice.
Power RS are hard to come by right now.

#14 ·
Have V3 on my Tuono and Q4's on the 2017 RR. The Dunlops are great on the track, way better than the SC's. I just had them both on the track recently. I'm changing the Tuono to Q3's for street riding asap. And I took 1 day on the Michelins on the RR and sold them for $100. I hate that front tire. Get Q3's or the Metzlers in my opinion.

#16 ·
Holy carp do I love the V2's.. damn! I thought I loved my bike before. But jeebus the difference a pair of tires makes. It's crazy to me the difference. Gotta play with the pressures to find your liking on the street that is. I have zero complaints.

Reactions: gmten
#17 ·
Holy carp do I love the V2's.. damn! I thought I loved my bike before. But jeebus the difference a pair of tires makes. It's crazy to me the difference. Gotta play with the pressures to find your liking on the street that is. I have zero complaints.
Improvements in grip and cornering confidence would be immediately noticeable.

#18 ·
I have a set of Rosso III's on my 2015 that have about 5,300 miles on them and still have some decent tread left. However, I have had a flat on the rear and had to put two plugs in it but it has a slight leak still. I don't mind putting air in the tire as it will last the day and drop about 10 lbs and just hover around 30 psi. Thinking about just replacing it altogether as I do want to do a Novice Track Day in the next few months just for fun. SW Florida doesn't have a lot of twisty roads, so looking for something as durable as the III's for price comparison.

#25 · (Edited)
@JerryG which town in WNC do you live in? Any thoughts on buying on TN side of mountains Vs NC side?
If you have to do it all over again, what town would you settle down in around Smokey mountains?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.