BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Best tire for our bike mostly canyon some track?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Since I record this data, I thought I'd share it...

Data from my 2012 RR:

Data from my 2017 RR:

Data from my 2021 XR:

·
Registered
2015 S1000RR Motorsport Colors
10 Posts
You might want to check with the people running the track, but I don't think a bike with a plugged tire would pass tech inspection.
I'm sure they won't either and was planning to replace right before I go just in case.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Great information. I really liked the 1620 miles on a set in Western NC. That must have been quite the trip!
A bit of misunderstanding re WNC. The 1620 miles is just the first time the location was in WNC, so that's where the abbreviation is explained in the notes. Almost all my mileage is in WNC these days; I live there. Since October 1st when I picked up my 2021 XR, I've put 6600 miles on it, all here in WNC. I also have a RR that has been out ~1000 miles in WNC during the same time period. This morning, I'm taking the XR on it's first Ozarks run, two twisty days out, two days in/around, and two twisty days back. I meet a group of high mileage riders there once a year, along with a handful of other places we meet.

·
8,227 Posts
@JerryG which town in WNC do you live in? Any thoughts on buying on TN side of mountains Vs NC side?
If you have to do it all over again, what town would you settle down in around Smokey mountains?

·
Registered
405 Posts
@JerryG which town in WNC do you live in? Any thoughts on buying on TN side of mountains Vs NC side?
If you have to do it all over again, what town would settle down around Smokey mountains?
As I get closer to retirement, I wonder the same things. I think I'd love living in that area.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If you have to do it all over again, what town would you settle down in around Smokey mountains?
I love WNC I climbed there every weekend for years. Amazing riding. I'd move there in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Living just south of the WNC line, I do all my riding in WNC mountains. Personally I think you would be better off on the NC side, closer access to more riding roads. Asheville/Hendersonville area is pretty good.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts