BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setting up a ride in the SC mountains this coming weekend. Looking to pick the brains of other s1000rr riders and check out some bikes.

1st meet spot @ 0900, KSU 0945
Starbucks 14410 Big Basin Way D, Saratoga, CA 95070, USA.

2nd Meet spot @ 1030, KSU 1100
Skywood trading post (STP) 17287 Skyline Blvd, Woodside, CA 94062, USA

Route:
https://goo.gl/maps/46h48YN6Haq

Requirements:
1. Leave the ego at home
2. Full gear head to tow
3. Bike needs to be registered, have insurance, and road legal
4. Have fun!
5. See #1

If you are an asshat you will be asked to leave.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Setting up a ride in the SC mountains this coming weekend. Looking to pick the brains of other s1000rr riders and check out some bikes.

1st meet spot @ 0900, KSU 0945
Starbucks 14410 Big Basin Way D, Saratoga, CA 95070, USA.

2nd Meet spot @ 1030, KSU 1100
Skywood trading post (STP) 17287 Skyline Blvd, Woodside, CA 94062, USA

Route:
https://goo.gl/maps/46h48YN6Haq

Requirements:
1. Leave the ego at home
2. Full gear head to tow
3. Bike needs to be registered, have insurance, and road legal
4. Have fun!
5. See #1

If you are an asshat you will be asked to leave.
Any chance we can do this on Saturday?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant do this ride Saturday as I have plans with friends. However, I can get out a little early and do an abbreviated version of the planned route. I can cut out early and you guys can carry on. same place same time on Saturday. Let me knwo

·
Registered
96 Posts
Man, looks like a blast, makes me wish I lived somewhere similar so I could jet out on the weekends and do rides like this one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bike's fresh out of service and ready to rock, however I have a crazy weekend and cant commit to riding yet :(
Have fun and stay safe. Lots of cops around Alice's these last few weeks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess everyone is a no show for today... full ride still on tomorrow .

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Well I guess everyone is a no show for today... full ride still on tomorrow .
Is this a regular ride for locals? People started showing up @9:00. A couple Ducati monsters, 2 BMW XR-1000s, 1 Aprilia RSV4, a bunch of Hondas, 1 S1000R and some more miscellaneous Ducatis. They were all KSU @09:45 and left. I thought at least 1 other S100RR would show. :frown2:

I think I rode that section of 9 once with @Outta Control but may be mistaken. Too much traffic that late unless one employs the original SMR rules when riding. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I went yday for a solo ride around 3pm and it was quite cold along the ocean all the way up from 84->1->half-moon-bay->92 was foggy and not fun. I then thought let me ride upto the Dainese store in SF via Pacifica and 280 to get replacement toe sliders but crazy traffic along 1N. Need to find a different route.

On a separate note, I’m starting to hate my rapidbike evo and might remove it completely and just run the full akra system without it. It might run rich for some time but I think the afr will eventually settle down.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
I went yday for a solo ride around 3pm and it was quite cold along the ocean all the way up from 84->1->half-moon-bay->92 was foggy and not fun. I then thought let me ride upto the Dainese store in SF via Pacifica and 280 to get replacement toe sliders but crazy traffic along 1N. Need to find a different route.

On a separate note, I’m starting to hate my rapidbike evo and might remove it completely and just run the full akra system without it. It might run rich for some time but I think the afr will eventually settle down.
Weather was perfect today. My mistake was wearing my old A* Mx 5 boots. Even with a band aid, gauze and extra tape they were like a knife cutting into my big toe every time I downshifted. (GP shift) Rode past Alice's straight home No idea how I managed with these boots for more than a year. :rolleyes: Shoot @smash adams or @MotoMillion a PM with your issues with RB. If anyone can help they can.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Weather was perfect today. My mistake was wearing my old A* Mx 5 boots. Even with a band aid, gauze and extra tape they were like a knife cutting into my big toe every time I downshifted. (GP shift) Rode past Alice's straight home No idea how I managed with these boots for more than a year. :rolleyes: Shoot @smash adams or @MotoMillion a PM with your issues with RB. If anyone can help they can.

Oh, I should have probably ridden today. That sucks to have those boots cut into your big toe. These days I have been riding in my Dainese Axial Pros and my A* Supertech Rs are taking a break.

I already discussed with Mani and he was suggesting mucking around with the rapidbike software which seems to only work on a windows machine. I remember Willie insisting I just go with the full Akra and not install the RB but I can’t seem to recall what my “sound” argument was at the time :)

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Oh, I should have probably ridden today. That sucks to have those boots cut into your big toe. These days I have been riding in my Dainese Axial Pros and my A* Supertech Rs are taking a break.

I already discussed with Mani and he was suggesting mucking around with the rapidbike software which seems to only work on a windows machine. I remember Willie insisting I just go with the full Akra and not install the RB but I can’t seem to recall what my “sound” argument was at the time :)
Willie hates the PC V and RB after market fuel controllers. His experiences have been nothing but problems. I had the RB with you tune installed and it lasted 2 track day sessions before it tried to kill me by cutting power turn 4 at Sonoma and threw codes a gs911 didn't detect. SJ Bmw recommended ripping it out as it cleared the codes and I did. Haven't looked back. Others have had great success. Plenty of other places I can improve my riding without needing 1-2 more HP. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Willie hates the PC V and RB after market fuel controllers. His experiences have been nothing but problems. I had the RB with you tune installed and it lasted 2 track day sessions before it tried to kill me by cutting power turn 4 at Sonoma and threw codes a gs911 didn't detect. SJ Bmw recommended ripping it out as it cleared the codes and I did. Haven't looked back. Others have had great success. Plenty of other places I can improve my riding without needing 1-2 more HP. :smile2:
Agreed, that's what I'm also leaning towards - rip out the darn thing. Did your bike run rich with the full exhaust after you removed it or did you put a map/change the afr manually? If I remove RB, I think the ECU will recalibrate in a few hundred miles and settle in after running reset adaptations.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with some of you. We had a friend that joined from Washington and had to get out even earlier so he could be back to the airport in time. We are out pretty much every weekend on variations of the posted route. If you see a new black 18 with attack rearsets come say whats up. Weather was pretty on point this past weekend.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Agreed, that's what I'm also leaning towards - rip out the darn thing. Did your bike run rich with the full exhaust after you removed it or did you put a map/change the afr manually? If I remove RB, I think the ECU will recalibrate in a few hundred miles and settle in after running reset adaptations.
The bike will run lean with a full system and the stock map. I don't believe the system has enough flexibility to actually auto-calibrate that much. It's mainly meant for fluctuations on the oem exhaust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts