BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I just upgraded my bike from ninja400 to S1000RR 2020 M.Excited to join the forum and would like to ask some questions out there for a little asssitance with my new bike馃槅I am still a noob in every aspect and want to know if you guys have any suggestions about the tyres.I'm a no track rider and I don't ride in rainy/snowy days,so what I want is some kind of all-round, road biased sport category tyre.

Registered
2011 S1000rr
Hi there and welcome! I'm a fan of Michelin tires. They have quite the selection for every level. Here's their current line:

Road 5 (most mileage, more for sport touring)
Power 5 (sport tire that gets decent mileage)
Power GP (50/50 street/track tire)
Power Cup (basically a slick with the minimum requirements to be allowed on the road)
Power slick (100% track only tire)

I got my bike in October and immediately got some Power 5 tires installed. So far, no complains. I'm no super fast corner guy, but I do Sunday funday runs every Sunday and run about mid pack. These tires provide plenty of grip, heat up decently quick. I have about 3k miles on them and they're probably around 25% used. My only worry is that I'll heat cycle out these tires before I hit wear bars, but only time will tell. If I do, I'll go up to the Power GP.

Registered
S22鈥檚 would be perfect for you. Great street/novice group rider tire. Better in the wet than most if you get caught in rain. Honestly I鈥檇 get which ever tire you can find cheapest between Power 5鈥檚, S22鈥檚, Diablo Rosso Corsa 2, and your equivalent Q3+. Look around for rebates.

Premium Member
I found s21/22 better in wet than Michelin power rs.

Bridgestone lasted tiny bit longer and but in hot weather power rs tiny bit better grip.

If it was me s22 all day long

Registered
My main question is why you are looking at tires immediately after buying the S1000RR. Do you not like the tires that are currently mounted? Did you purchase the bike used and the bike came with worn out tires? I would think it would be better to ride the bike on the tires that came with the bike (assuming they are still good and not worn out) if there are no major issues with the tires. Then replace them when they get worn out.

Premium Member
My main question is why you are looking at tires immediately after buying the S1000RR. Do you not like the tires that are currently mounted? Did you purchase the bike used and the bike came with worn out tires? I would think it would be better to ride the bike on the tires that came with the bike (assuming they are still good and not worn out) if there are no major issues with the tires. Then replace them when they get worn out.
Alot of they come with track bias tires. This weather you won't get heat in them. So you'll have more grip by going "down" a grade of tire.

Sell the originals as near new and make twice the money as a tire that has wear on it

Registered
All the top tires are good. If you're unsure of which one you want to try first just pick the one you like the look of the most. Now do you go 200 or 190 rear.....

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for suggestions! I've been using S22 on ninja400 for a while ,so far so good.Guess I would go for the Power5 this timefor a try to see if there's any slight difference between them.馃槀It's weird since ppl of the S1000RR forum in UK all recommend M9RR

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
All the top tires are good. If you're unsure of which one you want to try first just pick the one you like the look of the most. Now do you go 200 or 190 rear.....
The M package comes with the carbon wheel and it's 200 I guess.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
Alot of they come with track bias tires. This weather you won't get heat in them. So you'll have more grip by going "down" a grade of tire.

Sell the originals as near new and make twice the money as a tire that has wear on it
Exactly馃槀Sometimes in my country,BMW dealers in different regions give us different tyre .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts