BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to remove the PC5 but I can’t take these connectors off. I also don’t find these connections in the instructions. The instructions specify the FI connectors below the air box not the ones above it. What kind of setup is this?

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
The ones on top of the air box are secondary injectors. The clip is below the connector. You can take a slim screw driver and run it under the metal clip and lightly push the release tab, then lightly pull the connector off the injector.

that connector in the open is the one that goes back on the injector in the air box.

see the metal tab on it? you push it in and pull the connectors apart. Once you remove the one just hanging there, you will understand how to release the one attached to the injector on the air box.

here is a video of a guy replacing a broken one.. you only need to see the metal tab push release I am talking about to understand.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Looks like he had the secondary module as well as the PC5 connected.
or he was using the upper injectors instead of the lower ones, in his pic it does not look like there is any 'extra' wiring(for the PCV connection) near the lower (primary) injectors.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The ones on top of the air box are secondary injectors. The clip is below the connector. You can take a slim screw driver and run it under the metal clip and lightly push the release tab, then lightly pull the connector off the injector.

that connector in the open is the one that goes back on the injector in the air box.

see the metal tab on it? you push it in and pull the connectors apart. Once you remove the one just hanging there, you will understand how to release the one attached to the injector on the air box.

here is a video of a guy replacing a broken one.. you only need to see the metal tab push release I am talking about to understand.

Thanks! Much appreciated!
Yeah, it was just using the secondary injectors as I suspected. I don't know if it makes a difference vs primary injectors. Bike has a Brocks full system map.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Upper injectors only work above 8,000 rpm, so I don't know why someone would do that.
Unless it was recommended by Brocks! Maybe thats why my RR felt weaker than my R in the low-midrange with the full system?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With no O2 sensors it would be running open loop, yes pretty crappy fueling.
Well, it had a Brocks full system and PC5 connected to the secondary injectors. So crappy might be a overstatement. Not optimal, yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts