BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get a lot of questions about what changes with the exhaust sound with our 2020+ BMW S1000RR. This video shows how the stock exhaust sounds with and without our flash.

We also compare that to an Akrapovic system that has a stock muffler. We think they both sound great. It’s a matter of preference.

What do you think?

Reactions: Pipes1021

·
Registered
481 Posts
Always wondered how the bike would sound with a akra header and stock muffler. If someone was to go down and the akra muffler got destroyed you can always throw the stock on. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Always wondered how the bike would sound with a akra header and stock muffler. If someone was to go down and the akra muffler got destroyed you can always throw the stock on. Good stuff

Slightly harder than that.

The Akra headers which come as part of the full system are not long enough for the stock muffler.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm one of the few people who likes the look and sound of the stock can, but the flash definitely helps

·
Vendor
3,188 Posts

The Akra headers which come as part of the full system are not long enough for the stock muffler.
That is true the Racing series Akrapovic full exhaust does have a different output than the optional header sold separtate as the way to get to using the MotoGP muffler. However, I made an adapter that allows even that header to be used with 3 mufflers now. The Racing line long can, the MotoGP short can, the stock K67 muffler.

Here is my primary bike with the MotoGP can in place and I got a piece of stainless covered carbon look like on there covering the adapter and you hardly would know it is there.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
That is true the Racing series Akrapovic full exhaust does have a different output than the optional header sold separtate as the way to get to using the MotoGP muffler. However, I made an adapter that allows even that header to be used with 3 mufflers now. The Racing line long can, the MotoGP short can, the stock K67 muffler.

Here is my primary bike with the MotoGP can in place and I got a piece of stainless covered carbon look like on there covering the adapter and you hardly would know it is there.

View attachment 214165

View attachment 214164
How did you make the adapter? Do you have any spare to sell?

·
Registered
481 Posts

Correct me if I’m wrong but as long as you don’t have the akra evolution system and have the other akra headers ( comes with carbon can or shorty) I believe you can just swap out the can with stock. You definitely can do that with the akra headers that fit with the shorty as my buddy did it. I’m pretty positive I could do that as well since I have the carbon can

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong but as long as you don’t have the akra evolution system and have the other akra headers ( comes with carbon can or shorty) I believe you can just swap out the can with stock. You definitely can do that with the akra headers that fit with the shorty as my buddy did it. I’m pretty positive I could do that as well since I have the carbon can

I personally tried it on my bike. The headers which come as part of a full system are mated to the longer reaching Akra muffler.

·
Vendor
3,188 Posts

The optional headers were sold with the MotoGP short can to consumers as package deals by resellers. So it gives the impression that Akra released it that way, but they did not. There are only 2 headers. EVO / Race , then the optional version. Output length and diameter are all that is different between the two headers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts