BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put them on the seat as I got my helmet on. Turned the bike on I guess they dropped on the ground. I didn’t notice when they dropped and I took a step and heard a crunch. They were my favorite pair of Maui Jim‘s... I always keep them in my car in the sunglasses holder and they are Always clean and ready to wear.

Guess I will be buying two pair this time.

I cant believe I stepped on them. Ugh.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Put them on the seat as I got my helmet on. Turned the bike on I guess they dropped on the ground. I didn’t notice when they dropped and I took a step and heard a crunch. They were my favorite pair of Maui Jim‘s... I always keep them in my car in the sunglasses holder and they are Always clean and ready to wear.

Guess I will be buying two pair this time.

I cant believe I stepped on them. Ugh.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Glasses have 3 purposes: One, to see better with; two, to get stepped on, and, three, to get sat on. If you haven't been using them for one of these purposes, you're wasting your money! :geek:

·
Registered
439 Posts
ive done this soo many times.....i now order glasses in pairs soley because of this. Also, now my glasses are $20-$50 max..again because of this.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Feel your pain, bought a nice set of Raybans a few years ago..circa £180.00....had them 3 days and never saw them again... lesson learned.

Now wear Maui Jims... cooler looking and less expensive by far..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
they look nice but damn thats expensive for glasses that i will more than likely drop or break in the first 10 minutes of having them.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
That sucks. I wore a pair of Maui Jim's once - really liked the lenses. Now I just buy cheap ones.

I do sometimes wonder whether the "UV A and B" protection sticker on the cheap ones is telling the truth.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like they have a repair service. $75.00 for both lens replaced. I'm going to call them to see if the price is different for just the one lens replaced. They currently retail for $250

·
Registered
85 Posts
I sent mine in for repair before and they always come back looking like new. Usually takes about 14 days turn around time. Not sure that they'll do one lense only but either way a lot cheaper than a new pair.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got off the phone with them. They don’t replace just one lens. They replace them in pairs so the colors match. No worries, it’s still cheaper than buying a new pair and they will come back as good as new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts