BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a sprint filter for my 15rr. P08 exactly.

I want opinions and input from folks who have bought one, seen them, tested them, etc.

Their filter media maybe good but I heard their fit and finish could be rough. Need more reviews before I make my decision.

Edit: pics are always good

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got Sprint P08 on my 14 RR and also have the Akrapovic Full Ti Evo Exhaust. I didn't feel much difference in the performance maybe its minimal or require a tune to get the best out of it but the sound change and the pops and bangs are worth it, plus it feels cool to say my bike has Sprint P08 filter added xD

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
I am interested in buying a sprint filter for my 15rr. P08 exactly.

I want opinions and input from folks who have bought one, seen them, tested them, etc.

Their filter media maybe good but I heard their fit and finish could be rough. Need more reviews before I make my decision.

Edit: pics are always good
It fits fine. It is a friggin air filter. You are not choosing new cams or pistons. What exactly do you think is going to happen with an air filter change? 30HP to the wheel?

·
Vendor
1,069 Posts
We have seen 4-5WHP over the stock filter when replacing with Sprint, no map changes required.

We have seen 2-3WHP gains with the Sprint P08 vs BMC.

We have seen 7WHP gains with the race only Sprint P16 over stock.

Always in stock at the shop.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It fits fine. It is a friggin air filter. You are not choosing new cams or pistons. What exactly do you think is going to happen with an air filter change? 30HP to the wheel?
No gooch I'm not expecting 30hp. But if I'm going to lay down almost 90bills I don't wanna see an air filter that was put together by a middle schooler. I saw some videos and images of sprint filters not sealing right, customers having to cut the plastic surround to make it fit in air box. Things like that.

That's y I'm asking owners and people that have dealt/held the product about its build quality. Not if I'm gonna get 30 hp and were to put my noz button.

·
4,640 Posts
p08 is of great quality, years ahead of OEM filter. It's only about $32 more than OEM one, but it's reusable, just clean it with an air compressor. Within two service intervals you would have already made your $$. I got mine from Carpimoto.it for $83 shipped I think.

I noticed bike sounds a bit better. I did IAT mod, 08 filter and resat ECU adaptations via GS911. Bike feels good.

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
Test results are out there, it is simply the best filter you can buy. In terms of the material used there is no other filter like it out there.

There are no reported fitment issues on S1000RR models, they did have an issue on the first production ZX6R model ones in terms of fitment, but that has been fixed.

I think it is possibly the first upgrades to do, or when the time comes to change your stock filter, just slap in a Sprint Filter, you will never have to buy another one. As z00 has indicated, all you need to do is dust it off with an air compressor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts