BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Sprint Filter P08 and P08-F185 Performance Air Filters for 2020 BMW S1000RR!

13K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  A B 
#1 ·

If you were looking to get a performance filter for your S1000RR look no further.

Here is a 3rd party research done by a University, they have done extensive flow tests of all the major brands of filters out there, and Sprint Filter is by far the best flowing filter: https://issuu.com/sprintfilter/docs/air-filter-element-flow-analysis_wa_b9b4f7976f1b38

For those who aren't familiar with Sprint Filter, they are an Italian company who has been in business of making air filters since the 1950's.

There are two filter materials available for the S1000RR. P08 and P08-F185.

S1000RR P08 Sprint Filter

S1000RR P08-F185 Sprint Filter

The P08 and P08-F185 uses a proprietary polyester material that delivers efficient filtration meaning more air while being able to catch more dust particles than cotton filters.

What is the difference between P08 and P08-F185?
- P08 filter material : This reddish orange color polyester material is used on the most popular Sprint Filter air filters, which is ideal for road and track use. It provides an air flow of 5050 liters per meter square a second while being able to trap 93.13% of 100 μm (micrometer) particles.
- P08 F1-85 filter material : Developed and used by many top level factory racing teams in MotoGP and WSBK, the P08F1-85 polyester material is the latest polyester material which Sprint Filter has introduced. This patented material is a huge leap forward in the world of filtration because it allows an air flow of 15000 liters per meter square while guaranteeing a filtration capability of particles as small as 85 μm.

The filters are dry filters, meaning no oils or chemicals are needed to be sprayed on the filters. Cleaning is super easy, just blow it with compressed air, and if you take proper care, it'll be the last filter you've ever bought for your bike.

Sprint Filter is Official Supplier of many teams in WSBK and MotoGP.

Will it fit my S1000RR?
- Fits all 2020 S1000RR models (2019 European model)

How much?
- P08 Filters are $97.95 with fast an free shipping within USA!
- P16 Filters are $239.95 with fast an free shipping within USA!
- Affordable shipping options for international customers.

How to order?
- Order directly from www.motomillion.com
- Sprint Filter P08 For 2020 S1000RR : https://www.motomillion.com/collect...mance-air-filter-for-s1000rr-2019-2020-pm171s
- Sprint Filter P08-F185 for 2020 S1000RR : https://www.motomillion.com/collect...-air-filter-for-s1000rr-2019-2020-pm171s-f185
- Use forum discount code S1000RRFORUM at checkout for the forum discount on all your purchases!

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

:nerd:​

See less See more
#2 ·
Rectangle Wood Gas Font Tints and shades

Hi Mani got a P08 from you and the fit is terrible as you can see.
The filter is in the OEM bracket and there is enough of a gap for dirt and air to just fly by the filter.
I have a 2022 S1000 RR

#3 ·
The filter is in the OEM bracket and there is enough of a gap for dirt and air to just fly by the filter.
I have a 2022 S1000 RR
You might want to deal direct with Mani on this. He has not responded on this forum since last year in August.

Just as an opinion if you like. I would never ever run a sprint or KN or any other after market filter on the street. I have removed so many of these from customer bikes and the air box was full of slit sand. Super fine dust and with the back wash of fuel spray in the stacks, it was easy to see, this was not good for an engine long term. Race tracks are alot cleaner to run on with a sprint if it makes you feel faster. I have dyno'ed it on my dyno and only 1HP difference was found on 2 different K67's.

#5 ·

If you were looking to get a performance filter for your S1000RR look no further.

Here is a 3rd party research done by a University, they have done extensive flow tests of all the major brands of filters out there, and Sprint Filter is by far the best flowing filter: Performance_Air_filter_elements_ flow_analysis_comparison_University_of Wales

For those who aren't familiar with Sprint Filter, they are an Italian company who has been in business of making air filters since the 1950's.

There are two filter materials available for the S1000RR. P08 and P08-F185.

S1000RR P08 Sprint Filter

S1000RR P08-F185 Sprint Filter

The P08 and P08-F185 uses a proprietary polyester material that delivers efficient filtration meaning more air while being able to catch more dust particles than cotton filters.

What is the difference between P08 and P08-F185?
  • P08 filter material : This reddish orange color polyester material is used on the most popular Sprint Filter air filters, which is ideal for road and track use. It provides an air flow of 5050 liters per meter square a second while being able to trap 93.13% of 100 μm (micrometer) particles.
  • P08 F1-85 filter material : Developed and used by many top level factory racing teams in MotoGP and WSBK, the P08F1-85 polyester material is the latest polyester material which Sprint Filter has introduced. This patented material is a huge leap forward in the world of filtration because it allows an air flow of 15000 liters per meter square while guaranteeing a filtration capability of particles as small as 85 μm.

The filters are dry filters, meaning no oils or chemicals are needed to be sprayed on the filters. Cleaning is super easy, just blow it with compressed air, and if you take proper care, it'll be the last filter you've ever bought for your bike.

Sprint Filter is Official Supplier of many teams in WSBK and MotoGP.

Will it fit my S1000RR?
- Fits all 2020 S1000RR models (2019 European model)

How much?
  • P08 Filters are $97.95 with fast an free shipping within USA!
  • P16 Filters are $239.95 with fast an free shipping within USA!
  • Affordable shipping options for international customers.

How to order?

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

🤓​
View attachment 222336
I have a 2022 S1000 RR
Hi mate So I faced the same issue with sprint air filter and I have contacted sprint and brentune and both assured me it ok to fit it , but I disagree and went with BMC S alpha racing use them on their bikes and the fit tight .
I even thought about 3D print the bracket that contain the air filter to make up for the gap but I lost the motivation to do it

#6 ·
A group of us down here got Sprint P08's for our 2016's and threw them in the bin after a prolonged ride, all had dust/dirt/pollen in the airbox.

I fitted a K&N and no dust in about 5 or 6 checks and recharges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.