BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Spiegler brake lines that will allow me to use a steering stem front end stand. My question is: once installed, can I just do a simple bleed, or do I also need to bleed the ABS pump? I do have a GS-911. The link below is to the set that I have.

Kind regards...Craig

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
You are putting lines on there that are full of air, I think that would suggest that a full fill/bleed/purge (including the ABS pump) would be in order. Well, I would do that!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. There is one one line which attaches to the pressure modulator. Not sure how to "bleed" the modulator? Is that done with the GS-911?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
GS-911 is the easiest option, but I have read (somewhere on here) that riding and applying brakes to activate the ABS can achieve the same thing eventually, hopefully without binning the bike.

I put Spiegler's on my XR and am about to do the same on my R. Bled the brakes with GS911, pretty straight forward(I also installed 'SpeedBleeders, great bits of kit that I would recommend)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just follow the directions given by the GS-911 and you will purge the air from the brake lines.
I replaced the OEM brake lines on my 2014 S1000RR with the Spiegler brake lines with NO problems using the GS-911.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts