BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Weather it is your New Years resolution to lose as much weight as possible, or just that you enjoy the best of the best for your S1000RR, Speedcell Lithium batteries is the answer.

Made in USA by Speedcell Technologies. Speedcell Batteries are the ORIGINAL and only 100% made in America Lithium Batteries. On the market since 2008 our Batteries are used by Race Professionals and Everyday Riders alike. Speedcell's offer reliability you can count on!

With an unparalleled pedigree and almost a decade of championships Speedcell Technologies is the choice of professional race teams world wide seeing service in Moto America, Moto2 and WSBK.

What sets them apart from others?
- The proprietary cell inter coupling of these batteries allow shorter current paths and less resistance. This ensures longevity and reliability under high current demand situations.
- Engineered for high impact resistance and high vibration environments.
- Engineered, designed and manufactured in USA.
- Equipped with Quick Disconnect System which has no exposed conventional terminal posts.
- 3 year warranty and a no-hassle guarantee.

Which Speedcell lithium battery is the right one for my S1000RR?
- Track only/Race bikes 2.5Ah
- Street bikes 5.0Ah

How much do they weigh?
- 2.5Ah Supersport model weighs only 0.912lbs
- 5.0Ah Superbike model weighs only 1.65lbs

How much?
- Speedcell 2.5Ah Supersport lithium battery is $129.00
- Speedcell 5.0Ah Superbike lithium battery is $199.00
- Free shipping to USA!
- Fast and affordable international shipping options are available.

How long till I receive my product?
- Only 1-3 Business days! (in USA)
- Only 3-5 Business days! (in Canada)
- International delivery varies by location. Usually no more than 10 days.

How do I purchase?
- Order directly from our website https://www.motomillion.com/collections/bmw-s1000rr/batteries

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the 2.5 Ah reliably start a RR in 30F?
That is nuts to ride in that cold weather, I'd be first worried about traction issues with tires. Either way to answer your question, the 5.0Ah battery would be better suited for such extreme conditions.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
A few questions:

1. How do they perform as "street" batteries (i.e. tolerate periods of sitting, operate in cold/hot extremes etc.)?

2. How long do they last in street use compared to OEM or the typical OEM replacements?

3. I have an alarm with a constant drain (perimeter sensor), how well do these batteries tolerate that vs. OEM?

4. Can they be charged/maintained via the typical "Battery Tender"?

5. The stock terminals seem (not in my case though) to come loose often/easily, are these better in that regard?

6. What's the weight difference vs. OEM?

Oh, and, yes, it's a mite chilly, but I put 130 miles on the 'RR in 37deg F a few weekends ago and the weather (and scenery) was absolutely beautiful aside from the temp...... :) I was the ONLY bike out up in the mtn's!

Grazie!

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@CYCLE_MONKEY

1. How do they perform as "street" batteries (i.e. tolerate periods of sitting, operate in cold/hot extremes etc.)?

No maintenance charge is required to maintain capacity of your Speedcell battery as long as your motorcycles charging circuit (stator and voltage regulator) are in good working order. To counter the affects of parasitic draw over long periods of inactivity / storage, we recommend that you simply disconnect your Speedcell battery until you are ready to ride again. No other action or again maintenance charge is required. In a disconnected state, Speedcell batteries have a shelf life of 10 years.

2. How long do they last in street use compared to OEM or the typical OEM replacements?

In a 10 year period the average rider can go through 6 lead acid batteries with an average cost of $110 / unit for a total of $660 in replacement costs. While our batteries may have a higher initial price point, our life expectancy is in excess of 10 years coupled with little to no maintenance required making the choice clear.

3. I have an alarm with a constant drain (perimeter sensor), how well do these batteries tolerate that vs. OEM?

See #4, if you use it daily or every second day, it shouldn't be a problem.

They need a specific charger, you do not need to maintain the battery if you have no parasitic draw.

5. The stock terminals seem (not in my case though) to come loose often/easily, are these better in that regard?

Every Speedcell comes equipped with our Quick Disconnect System which has no exposed conventional terminal posts. This prevents any possibility of dead shorting, making the Battery safer than those with exposed terminals and allows for the rapid toolless connection and disconnection of the Battery. This type of connection is not vulnerable to vibration and therefore is a more reliable and secure connection than those found on a traditional terminal post setup.

The 2.5Ah is under 1lbs, the 5.0Ah is 1.65lbs. We haven't weighed a stock battery yet, but we will in after New Years to give you the exact weight difference.

0:)

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
@CYCLE_MONKEY

No maintenance charge is required to maintain capacity of your Speedcell battery as long as your motorcycles charging circuit (stator and voltage regulator) are in good working order. To counter the affects of parasitic draw over long periods of inactivity / storage, we recommend that you simply disconnect your Speedcell battery until you are ready to ride again. No other action or again maintenance charge is required. In a disconnected state, Speedcell batteries have a shelf life of 10 years.

In a 10 year period the average rider can go through 6 lead acid batteries with an average cost of $110 / unit for a total of $660 in replacement costs. While our batteries may have a higher initial price point, our life expectancy is in excess of 10 years coupled with little to no maintenance required making the choice clear.

See #4, if you use it daily or every second day, it shouldn't be a problem.

They need a specific charger, you do not need to maintain the battery if you have no parasitic draw.

Every Speedcell comes equipped with our Quick Disconnect System which has no exposed conventional terminal posts. This prevents any possibility of dead shorting, making the Battery safer than those with exposed terminals and allows for the rapid toolless connection and disconnection of the Battery. This type of connection is not vulnerable to vibration and therefore is a more reliable and secure connection than those found on a traditional terminal post setup.

The 2.5Ah is under 1lbs, the 5.0Ah is 1.65lbs. We haven't weighed a stock battery yet, but we will in after New Years to give you the exact weight difference.

0:)
Excellent, thanks! Figured I'd ask those questions since nobody else did.

I take it then that you also sell the "specific charger"? Might want to advertise those as well! :)

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Gorilla installed the Speedcell Superbike 5.0Ah battery on his S1000RR and look at the weight savings! :surprise: :nerd:

Attachments

·
8,310 Posts
AHHH, I just bought one last week from their website :(

But I can say that these batteries are AMAZING!! :)
Did you buy a charger for it? It's like $100. Some vendors will say no charger is required, but when temp hits 40, you want that battery on a charger. A regular charger cannot be used with it.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you buy a charger for it? It's like $100. Some vendors will say no charger is required, but when temp hits 40, you want that battery on a charger. A regular charger cannot be used with it.
Not sure why you think they need to be on a charger, but if you are not riding for a long period of time, all you got to do is remove the quick disconnect, and let it sit. They won't lose charge even if it is disconnected for the whole winter months.

·
8,310 Posts
Not sure why you think they need to be on a charger, but if you are not riding for a long period of time, all you got to do is remove the quick disconnect, and let it sit. They won't lose charge even if it is disconnected for the whole winter months.
It happened to me few times at the track where tech inspection person leaves ignition on for a while, battery gets drained. How do you recharge it? With a battery that does not require a special charger, I plug it on battery tender for a bit and it's good to go.

Removing it every season is a PITA. What happens if I forget?

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It happened to me few times at the track where tech inspection person leaves ignition on for a while, battery gets drained. How do you recharge it? With a battery that does not require a special charger, I plug it on battery tender for a bit and it's good to go.

Removing it every season is a PITA. What happens if I forget?
You can bump start a bike fairly easily if that happens. If you aren't riding your bike for an extended period of time, as in if you have to winterize it, it literally takes 2 minutes to take the rear seat off.

Any lithium battery you buy, will need a lithium specific charger. You should not use a "tender" on a lithium battery. Only a charger if needed.

·
8,310 Posts
Any lithium battery you buy, will need a lithium specific charger. You should not use a "tender" on a lithium battery. Only a charger if needed.
Bottom line, if one to own a battery, they need a charger.

Shorai, WPS, and battery tender can be charged with any charger. At least what their manuals say. I'm in the market for a battery for my R1, but still cannot make up my mind. Charger is what's keeping me from going with Speedcell. They even have an R1 specific harness.

Reactions: wfo439

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bottom line, if one to own a battery, they need a charger.

Shorai, WPS, and battery tender can be charged with any charger. At least what their manuals say. I'm in the market for a battery for my R1, but still cannot make up my mind. Charger is what's keeping me from going with Speedcell. They even have an R1 specific harness.
None of those listed above have the shelf life of Speedcell batteries. Hence why you most likely will not need a charger for these.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sorry for late reply. I didn't buy a charger. I'm in Cali so the temperature never falls to 40. Plus, I ride weekly so I don't think I need one. I believe you can disconnect the battery when you won't be using it for a long period of time and it's supposed to keep the charge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts