BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo servicing the 2013 BMW s1000rr , there is covers over the spark plugs , do I need a special tool to pop them open or is there another way ;)) any ideas 👍☝🇮🇪

·
Administrator
7,173 Posts
Some people have had success with two screwdrivers but yes there is a special tool, and yes it makes removal easy.

·
Vendor
3,945 Posts
I am not sure if it is your language translation on what you are calling 'covers'.. those are your COILS . They attach to the spark plugs and they are not very easy to get off if you are dealing with OEM plugs still in there. The proper tool will keep from breaking the tops of those coils off. Two screw drivers can be used as I have even done it, but, I have broke one of the ears off a coil. It did not effect its function in this case, but, it can effect it if you break too much of that tab ear off. The proper BMW tool gets under both ears and allows very even removal upward.

Good luck ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure if it is your language translation on what you are calling 'covers'.. those are your COILS . They attach to the spark plugs and they are not very easy to get off if you are dealing with OEM plugs still in there. The proper tool will keep from breaking the tops of those coils off. Two screw drivers can be used as I have even done it, but, I have broke one of the ears off a coil. It did not effect its function in this case, but, it can effect it if you break too much of that tab ear off. The proper BMW tool gets under both ears and allows very even removal upward.

Good luck ...
thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts