BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello changing the clutch plates on my 2014 s1000rr and have a couple of quick things I could use some confirmation on. I've paid for a download manual and downloaded free ones with no luck. I use a Chromebook and it's not compatible with any of the manuals I've downloaded. I'm a motorcycle mechanic so I've changed countless clutches in Japanese sportbikes and Ducati's so I figure I'll be fine with the extra bits of info I've gotten from reading different threads on here. My questions are

The case cover bolts are one-time use? I have seen it mentioned in some threads and not others so wanted to confirm

Is the TDC pin really necessary? I saw it in a video but have never needed to worry about tdc when changing clutch plates on any brand or style of bike before

Lastly, if the bike is on stands the case cover can come off without draining the oil?

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can send you that page if you PM me your email. FSM specifies locking engine in TDC but doesnt mention why, It also specifies new clutch cover bolts, tightening in specific order to 3nm + 90 degrees.

·
Administrator
6,621 Posts
The case cover bolts are one time use. You won't need the TDC pin or clutch driver locking tool if you are only swapping the steels and fibers. The TDC tool and driver lock are to remove the hub and basket. Oil is lower than the clutch cover so it won't leak on a rear stand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, the pages from the manual Kaptainkoolz emailed me helped the install go smoothly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts