BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,

as it is winter (at least here in Germany) I had time to do some changes concerning the ECU of my RR. The adjustement for the mounted Remus exhaust system was not done well until now (much too lean, a/f up to 1/15 around higher revs!) even with the Rapidbike EVO system mounted (comparable system to Power Commander V with AT). The support of the Rapidbike system was awful also and there was no solution for the problem (I even had some awful engine hardware problems in Brno because of that I think:mad:), so I removed the Rapidbike and went to RS2e (ex-AlphaRacing engineer) for flashing the ECU. A new mapping was uploaded (racemapping concerning ignition,a/f ratio,air intake funnel switch time,quick shifter adjustement,traction control etc.).
Now I have the problem that I have a flashed ECU, a cable for the interface but I need the software for the Race Calibration Kit 2 (RCK2):serious:
It seems to be difficult as I searched quite a long time without finding anything....
Can anyone give me a hint where you can buy the software (only the software e.g.as download or disc)? Alpha Racing sells only the full package but I do only need the software.

Thank you very much in advance! Greetings!

Roman

·
Vendor
3,369 Posts
I have the RCK3 cable and software. Someone indicated to me that the RCK3 software download works with the RCK2 cable as well.. have you tried that?

that DL is here

BMW Motorrad International

Let me know if that works.. I need to buy a RCK2 cable and I dont want to buy the full package if that 3 software does work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

no, I only thoght about it. That would be perfect, but I therefore recently asked one of the (good:wink2:) guys of my local BMW dealer. He told me that the RCK3 is a complete new system. Only RCK1 and 2 is comparable (different functions but similar).
But I will check this again. That would be the easiest way for sure:smile2:

I will tell you what I will find out.

Greetings!

Roman

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello everybody,

as it is winter (at least here in Germany) I had time to do some changes concerning the ECU of my RR. The adjustement for the mounted Remus exhaust system was not done well until now (much too lean, a/f up to 1/15 around higher revs!) even with the Rapidbike EVO system mounted (comparable system to Power Commander V with AT). The support of the Rapidbike system was awful also and there was no solution for the problem (I even had some awful engine hardware problems in Brno because of that I think:mad:), so I removed the Rapidbike and went to RS2e (ex-AlphaRacing engineer) for flashing the ECU. A new mapping was uploaded (racemapping concerning ignition,a/f ratio,air intake funnel switch time,quick shifter adjustement,traction control etc.).
Now I have the problem that I have a flashed ECU, a cable for the interface but I need the software for the Race Calibration Kit 2 (RCK2):serious:
It seems to be difficult as I searched quite a long time without finding anything....
Can anyone give me a hint where you can buy the software (only the software e.g.as download or disc)? Alpha Racing sells only the full package but I do only need the software.

Thank you very much in advance! Greetings!

Roman
Email [email protected]
and they will provide a download link in 2-3 days.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
RCK2 and 3 aren't compatible at all, neither software nor hardware wise...RCK2 is CAN bus and RCK3 LIN bus, RCK3 has different units in LC, DTC and other options more and some even less... :nerd:

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry to go little off-topic as regards to RCK2 i found old Vag-com £4 eBay interface lead and tried with RCK2 works absolutely perfectly. thought id share may save couple of people spending hundreds on the interface.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Link might be useful.
mines old one had for many years standard vag-com cloned ebay lead not hard to find
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-VAG-COM-Cable-KKL-409-1-OBD2-II-OBD-Diagnostic-Scanner-Audi-VW-Seat-Skoda-UK/162724971458?epid=22031289066&hash=item25e32a03c2&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&enc=AQAEAAADIKvsXIZtBqdkfsZsMtzFbFsbX3WcW5fmB%2Fx7ZbaZTyex7vC7xaQr8Msmz9Le95oHT4I1%2B3F%2F6J3gGdrCsCK9uJ7bSUQOvOdlV8GKws1g1Zl5aieiN86LYuhtTw4Zs98BP2RaNeJunTFw4z13ZdW3y0rkqspSg1o8ImAAdsF6u0lIQaUXapa7ZMF6ee8AuBkxmN1j5Xz0u2qO%2FiktT6O%2FRfxVfXj016dSrX8%2BlSxpA3CkphMdGBA%2FkkI%2FbMf9kW8loAXIB9SAXMHBSxGBduhMaXR2gnPa30MndOla7UDZvByQ5XOnyaezvNX4MUFZybpe%2BqOaDbPH50hndxqSVEbWx5nP1eX0BnzHF7vrCJFNxHb2OHTRlkITYkCpHZYXyVs8ITTqm2YQFHMycryDgg8Rr4MITXD3AgJjLibbpJPnU02ZOdCTdgt1MgfRoc%2BSs%2BM4qLBOvbZUrhBrBbf3EFg8STdT1qGScV2LB0RoxsB5C3nf1WAfAWIoWLLDyOV%2B9Ub5QmcWGOxdtNuIy5I6p7P7KRNEBN9v6Yy5hA0jVLNJiOv48pnhdxvniHUnV17vohLDbruIO9ahPVanqw8mzT4UlMEeSVSSOYjUxG6QmQlju8n4Zf3p%2BkL33JTS%2BSsSkfZvRm7wzgUCPwmpolcqEh793O%2FclIEgWJPYWJfZrGtXFIGKkGDRrKeZjR6IpBjGDjgwJYZRr6USEMmpAgjwg49dEJtHqRhmif14zpJ%2BEa9vScoVw0RwNkmn4yw6bTOisEArpNpsGX1h8aiXh3whruLDXvnTgvOh45Jxk722jNRlqa9sK508ixQL3whfLSpL1tnB%2F8ofb2ZD%2FmbwAla%2Foa5m7G2YTl4Ea%2F1KmK0dbZFfKfA6XHK%2FEsINAiExUxgd8AT7LHxPY%2BuuG2akh4ZbSkU27Y%2Fo%2F1%2FCZNioQocjI8VfAqQQ2%2BfGhkE%2BrtfPZoG1cuwapT%2FxxR1IXX9CXOQ9lVQ0kXiT0rgi2RY9kEAbTUKtlf7bLdhZqlj7mf2uPQI62GOYBgW2P3vKW0JRgce7ZjU4%2FvJhJHulikQfc1pdNY4bRmCY&checksum=16272497145833995e5bed5c45d7a4ef3b21c1e2aeba

1 - 10 of 10 Posts