BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
To anyone wondering, the new Alpinestars sizing is a lot better than before! While the Atem V3 in 58 was super tight, the new GP-tech V3 was very comfortable in the same size. They really have made it more roomy where it counts, and moving around, tucking and squatting is no longer an issue. Not to mention the GP-tech really is a nice suit!

·
Registered
56 Posts
To anyone wondering, the new Alpinestars sizing is a lot better than before! While the Atem V3 in 58 was super tight, the new GP-tech V3 was very comfortable in the same size. They really have made it more roomy where it counts, and moving around, tucking and squatting is no longer an issue. Not to mention the GP-tech really is a nice suit!
That's what I was told recently when I visited Alpinestar store. They have changed their sizes and I was told to go for size smaller compared to previous alpinestar suit size.

I haven't purchased/tried the new size, however I am told its getting comfortable in the right spots. Dainese remains the same - which is bit of a shame as it appears they are not in moto gear but James Bond movie costumes...!

·
Registered
796 Posts
That's good to hear. I can't wear their one piece suits. A suit large enough to fit my legs is way too big everywhere else.

I have a 2 piece from them for road riding (since I can get larger pants and smaller jacket).

·
Registered
121 Posts
my recommendation for american (like myself) is get a custom suit. Spidi is very popular with the US motorcycle journalist.

You average Italian has a lower BMI than us yanks, so I have to do an MMA weight loss program to fit in a Euro suit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
my recommendation for american (like myself) is get a custom suit. Spidi is very popular with the US motorcycle journalist.

You average Italian has a lower BMI than us yanks, so I have to do an MMA weight loss program to fit in a Euro suit.
Spidi is also Italian, and in my experience has a slimmer fit than Alpinestars. At least among the one piece suits that I have tried on I would say Alpinestars has more of an athletic fit, while Spidi has a slim fit.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Go ride in the rain or wear it in the shower and jump on the bike assuming the position!

My dainese one piece was snug until I got caught in a massive storm. Rode it out and went home. The next day, after the suit dried, it fit perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts