BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a high quality shoulder strap pocket, about 7 inch tall?

I have a Kriega R30 backpack, and a Kube Pocket. Both the backpack and pocket are excellent, and have served me well for 3 years. However, after upgrading my phone, the new one, in its big-ass protective case, no longer fits in the Kube. The Kube is listed as 6.7" tall, but that's the outside dimension, and it is slightly curved, so my 6.3" tall case does not fit.

Thank you all,
-Stan

·
4,587 Posts
Since I use phone for navigation I mount it on the triple, my phone is 6.5". No need to carry it anywhere. I prefer not to have anything on my body so when I lean on the tank nothing gets in the way. Also in case of crashing less things to worry about. I broke few ribs snowboarding with a phone in inside jacket pocket.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Since I use phone for navigation I mount it on the triple, my phone is 6.5". No need to carry it anywhere. I prefer not to have anything on my body so when I lean on the tank nothing gets in the way. Also in case of crashing less things to worry about. I broke few ribs snowboarding with a phone in inside jacket pocket.
You have a valid point. I once stalled a bike in a parking garage, and dropped on my butt. I had my wallet in my back pocket, and for a week, I had "American Express" imprinted on my my butt. Since then I don't have anything in my pockets when I ride. The convenience of the shoulder strap pocket is that once you get off the bike, you don't have to worry about forgetting the phone, and don't have to find a pocket to put it in. I also have the Wunderlich tank bag, but I want to have the phone on me. Since I commute on my bike, it is very convenient to have my phone and wallet at reach. The Kriega straps are also very thick, padded with heavy shock absorbing material. But I don't want to open a debate here. It is a risk vs. convenience (convenience is known to reduces risk).

·
4,587 Posts
You can do like one of my friends does, get a holster to hold your gun and wallet on your waist :grin2:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
145 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts