BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... a Schuberth C3Pro helmet is not going to cut it while riding the s1000rr. If I tuck in, I might as well close my eyes and hope for the best. :) Looking at the Shoei RF1200 and wondering if it will do a better job on the bike? I won't be spending time on the track, so trying to avoid getting the X-14 and save some money(plus I can't get my glasses on). The Arai, although a great helmet, they don't seem to fit me well. Either they are too big or too small.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
I've had the RF series for the past 5+yrs, also have a X12 an X14 which have a slightly less airflow and not so great for slower (city) rides but great for track and spirited riding. I'm guessing from your post, and not having tried the C3Pro helmet myself, that your field of vision is suboptimal and you're looking for something better. And just like you, Shoei seems to fit my head the best of all helmets I've tried. Shoei's field of view is great, never had any complaints. The RF provides pretty ok airflow and easily adjustable vents. All their helmets have a great pin lock mechanism, and the transition shield is fantastic though a bit pricy (don't get fooled by knockoffs).

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
I had the RF series for probably 20 years, and since I didn't "race", I thought just like you did. But then a guy at a shop talked me into trying on the X-Fourteen, and explained that the eye opening was 5deg higher than the RF series, and since the RF's always sat too low on my particular melon, and since I got a GREAT deal from RidersDiscount, I got one, and will never go back. It's worth it. It's quieter, fits better for the sporty position, and I think the vents work better.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
no experience with RF's unfortunately, but been happy with my X- whatevers up to the X14 i have now, which has included riding 1000 and 2000+ mile trips as well as canyon carving and track. only deviation i had was the GT air II i had for a while. It wasn't snell certified cuz of the sun visor, so i couldn't use it for race events, but fortunately/unfortunately, the helmet was a casualty in the deer wreck last year, so back in the x14 now.

i've worn various sunglasses inside my x14 no problem. surprised your glasses won't fit in it. There are various pad options available direct from shoei if that would help. just an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts