BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured we should have a topic where we can share various non-stock K67 color schemes that we've seen.

Can be helpful inspiration for anyone looking to customize their bikes color, or paint their race fairings, etc.

I'll start off with a few that I've found, most have been posted before but they're spread out over various topics, so if we post them all here it will make it easy for new members to see them.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a quote on it. It’s about $2k minimum.
sounds like a ripoff price

a lot of people get full cars wrapped for $2k or less

a bike should never be more than $500 to wrap, including material (assuming 1 solid color).... the amount of material needed is pretty minimal, and its easier than a car can just take all the fairings off.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
sounds like a ripoff price

a lot of people get full cars wrapped for $2k or less

a bike should never be more than $500 to wrap, including material (assuming 1 solid color).... the amount of material needed is pretty minimal, and its easier than a car can just take all the fairings off.
If you're going by cost of materials, sure. But I got a quote to have PPF (paint protection film) and ceramic coating done on my bike and was surprised to see the price. Around 2k. But almost all the cost was in labor because of all the tiny finicky bends and creases on the panels. Much easier (labor-wise) to wrap a car with PPF or a wrap.

Bike: low materials cost, high labor cost
Car: high materials cost, moderate labor cost

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you're going by cost of materials, sure. But I got a quote to have PPF (paint protection film) and ceramic coating done on my bike and was surprised to see the price. Around 2k. But almost all the cost was in labor because of all the tiny finicky bends and creases on the panels. Much easier (labor-wise) to wrap a car with PPF or a wrap.

Bike: low materials cost, high labor cost
Car: high materials cost, moderate labor cost
yeah good point, the bike does have a lot more curvy surfaces and bends to take care on... but if you pull the fairings off its not bad, and newer quality wrap material is a lot better at adjusting to curves than they used to be years ago

the PPF is thicker and tougher to work with from what the tech told me, but thats how it protects against rock chips... normal color wrap is thinner and much easier to wrap curves.

at 2k for a bike wrap id just go ahead and paint the damn thing instead... how much can it possibly be to paint a set of fairings back home? id just pull them off and bring them to the paint shop... removing fairings isnt a big deal for most bikes.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You aren't paying for the vinyl, you are paying for the labor. Wrapping something like that isn't easy, and if you find someone that is good enough to do it, you are gonna pay for it. It's an art, not a science, and not everyone can do it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the first intelligent thing you've posted on the subject.
Congrats.
so that means im 1 ahead of you :grin2:

i wonder whats the ratio of your posts that actually contribute anything useful vs your posts that are just useless like this one... somewhere in the region of 1/10 or less

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Can anyone do a photoshop of the BMW safety bike color scheme for a street version with headlights (black, blue, the other blue, red).. I'm curious to see what it looks like

1 - 20 of 31 Posts