BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brentuned 2021 S1K with SC project full exhaust. I was riding on the freeway when my bike started to sound weird, and vibrations felt weird, but I had no codes. I pulled over and saw nothing was leaking or loose. After I got home, I put the stock tune back on and saw the Serious fault in the engine control warning in red pop up on the screen.

·
Vendor
4,858 Posts
Most likely the coils or the Shift Cam Solenoid. Most of the time those will not create codes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Coils want give you any faultcodes. The shift cam Solenoid will give you the red code on display. If it is the shift cam solenoid you will feel that the bike is Limp at 9000RPM and up.
When you put the stuck tune back you may generate fault codes since you have no cat or exhaust valve left.

·
Vendor
4,858 Posts
You didnt have any codes because BrenTune method of solving the DTC codes for the simple things like exhaust flapper is to turn off all DTC reporting functions. So it does not matter you even remove the connector to other sensors you wont get a code. You put the stock ECU file back in there and now the proper diagnostics are working again and you get the codes.

The coils typically do not throw what should be a P0300 misfire code as defined and recognized by many in the OEM building and programming industry, but, sometimes there is a code not really defined completely as a misfire, but you dig deep enough in the car side of BMW it can be related to.

The shift cam solenoid issue does have a DTC for it, but for some reason you can get the RED Error message alert and you can continue journey, but, there is no code when you scan it with the GS911. When people send me the ECU I can see some codes in the ISTA+ that the GS911 does not. Limp mode reaction of the K67 is a shiftcam malfunction. However, I have seen shift cam fail on one lap and reset in the pits and go back out on track and run 10 perfect laps only to fail again later.

Reactions: Amok

·
Vendor
4,858 Posts
I ended up getting the gs 911 tool, these are the codes I got. and the last one is because I have a full system.
Your issue is there. Number 4 coil is bad.

Reactions: bennymx
1 - 11 of 11 Posts