BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the ideal of getting a camera to record all of the shenanigans I experience during rides. For instance, there were number of times when I got cut off. Often, we are in the wrong because we're all crazy ROC participants, right? GoPro was not a good options since it would mount to my bike. I wanted something to capture what I'm looking at. Sena has the Prism Tube. It is a small camera that mounts to the helmet. I'll post a review once it arrives later today. Contact TJ @RidersDiscount for pricing.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I've been toying with the ideal of getting a camera to record all of the shenanigans I experience during rides. For instance, there were number of times when I got cut off. Often, we are in the wrong because we're all crazy ROC participants, right? GoPro was not a good options since it would mount to my bike. I wanted something to capture what I'm looking at. Sena has the Prism Tube. It is a small camera that mounts to the helmet. I'll post a review once it arrives later today. Contact TJ @RidersDiscount for pricing.
Be aware last I heard, they think Michael Schumacher's injuries were made more severe because of the camera on his helmet. Different type of helmet, but.... Be careful bro!

·
4,588 Posts
Some tracks orgs I ride with don't allow helmet-mounted cams.

I like my mobious. Compact, reliable, and has been great. I even forgot to remove it from the bike and it worked in the rain (without any cover on it). Mobious is slimmer than Prism based on pics.

Either way let us how you like the Prism.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Great for the bike.

Did you have a dash cam when hit by the drunk? Perhaps you should consider something for the car as well. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you have a dash cam when hit by the drunk? Perhaps you should consider something for the car as well. :wink2:

I wish I did. I'm curious to know exactly what happened after the collision. All I saw were headlights coming through the intersection at a high rate of speed. This is a room I take four to five times a week. I passed the intersection today going to physical therapy. I'll have one like those Russian drivers.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I honestly recommend a GoPro, that's what I have mounted to the front of my helmet. The best video & audio quality. The great thing is that you can use it for other things as well, not just for riding. Take it to the gym or when you go snowboarding, pretty much anything...record everything :)

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GoPro is no doubt a great product. It's the most popular action camera out there. However, I don't like how they mount to helmets, especially in the chin area. I wanted something a bit more specific. Besides, the price was right.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
GoPro is no doubt a great product. It's the most popular action camera out there. However, I don't like how they mount to helmets, especially in the chin area. I wanted something a bit more specific. Besides, the price was right.

So what's your final verdict? Post up pics of where you mounted it on helmet when able.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I haven't had any experience with it. instead, I asked my cousin to take I for a quick spin. Attached is some raw video. This did not have the supplied mic connected. It saves three minute clips. I'll need to see if I can change it.

https://youtu.be/PZ-JTy--PGc

Additionally, here is webBikeWorld piece on the camera.

Sena Tube Review - webBikeWorld

I think it provides good quality video. Further, it's simple to use. It's not bad for $120 retail. I'll try it once I decide to ride with the mic attached.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts