BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my chain this evening when I happened to play with the bolt holding the front sprocket in place. It’s loose! The only thing that has been saving my life since who knows how long, is the washer you’re meant to fold over the bolt. Ultimately, I guess I did a good enough job folding it over, but it certainly doesn’t look the way the factory had it.

I used a flathead and hammer to bend the washer. Any better ideas/tools out there? I’m going to tighten this bolt of course, but I’ll need a new washer first. IMG_0952.jpg IMG_0953.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drill the nut and safety wire. Nothing like some added protection.

Sounds like a great idea to me!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Never had a problem on my bikes. I just tap the washer down with a screw driver or a punch so its flat.
+1. Can’t imagine how it can loosen with that washer lock system used forever on all bikes cuz it works!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1. Can’t imagine how it can loosen with that washer lock system used forever on all bikes cuz it works!

My guess is that it was never tight to start with. That washer being folded over must have been saving my life for the past couple of months now.

Reactions: bennymx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts