BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Seat removal

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fenmore 
#1 ·
Has any one come up with a better idea to remove the seat in lieu of the stock screws? Some things are just over designed and others did not get enought. The seat anchoring would be one.
It needs a quick turn fastner, long stud Dzus or a axal pin though a hole in a reverse screw that anchored on the frame. How about a reverse screw into the frame with a nut that has a long T handle (attached) and to be attched from the top???? Just thoughts.
TIA BobL.

#2 ·
Has any one come up with a better idea to remove the seat in lieu of the stock screws? Some things are just over designed and others did not get enought. The seat anchoring would be one.
It needs a quick turn fastner, long stud Dzus or a axal pin though a hole in a reverse screw that anchored on the frame. How about a reverse screw into the frame with a nut that has a long T handle (attached) and to be attched from the top???? Just thoughts.
TIA BobL.
Yes. This is a problem and there has been quite a few posts about this. I have had no problem installing or removing the seat. However some people have had this problem if the screw heads strip. This seems a possibility with torx screw heads. My answer to this possibility is I am trying to not tighten these. The seat seems to sit pretty solidly with the screws either not screwed in at all, or just started. It down not appear that the seat is unsafe or that it can move much. Especially with one’s weight on it. I guess it may depend also on ones riding style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.