BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike didn't come with an alarm so I've been reading info here about Scorpio alarms with great interest.
I've stumbled on the Scorpio SRX-900.

While the Scorpio SRX-900 and the SR-i900 “look” exactly the same on the outside, the internal hardware and software are different; the SRX-900 is an upgraded version of the SR-i900 and it's internals include:

-Upgraded internal hardware and accelerometers

-Lower power draw than the SR-i900

-Simple install with the 3-wire harness

-The ability to have multiple remotes encoded to the module

* -The ability to integrate the Ride Core-S GPS tracking device

*NOTE: I'm not sure but this is possibly a redundant feature.

To get a Scorpio SRX-900 into Australia, along with a Proximity Sensor and a specific S1000RR wiring harness would cost about $500 AUD.

There is one bad review I read on Amazon, so I'm wondering if anyone here has firsthand experience with the Scorpio SRX-900?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I have had the i900 for almost 2 years now. On the model I have, the wire loom and connectors for the motion sensor, and the sensor itself are not sealed, so when I washed the bike (pressure wash), I got so many false alarms from the shorting of that sensor I had to turn the sensor off. I then sealed it all myself and have had no problems since. The guy I talked to at Scorpio said it was a known problem and they were working on fixing that. Hopefully it's been fixed at the factory on your model.I'm surprised that ever made it into production, honestly. I wouldn't have ok'd that design. All the OTHER connectors I have are sealed. Doh!

Also, my remote, the charger killed the battery in the remote. I left it on charging continuously when I wasn't riding, like I do with any other number of devices, but obviously, the charger I have isn't smart like a battery tender, so I've got to send it in to have the battery replaced ($15 or so). So, I'm going to be REALLY careful the charging time on it, maybe set up a timer so it only charges an hour or 2/day.

There is a way to manually disarm the system without the remote, but it's such a PITA that I wasn't even able to set it. They need a small keypad or at least another RFID fob. The guy said they were working on that too. My Alpine alarm I had in my Talon had a keypad, and that was nice. Never had to use it, but it was there if I needed to.

Pretty cool system, I look forward to getting mine up and going again (new rmote battery).

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the SRX-900 along with the Ride Core-S on my S1K. It's a great setup. I have had it on for about 10 months, and have not had any issues with the SRX-900. The Ride Core-S is a nice feature, and honestly, if I were to choose between the two, I'd just have the Ride Core-S. I have my alarm armed, but the siren turned off, that way if I need to move my bike or squeeze by it in the garage, I don't have to worry about the annoyingly loud siren. The guys at Scorpio are awesome as far as customer service goes as well. I've had a couple small issues with my Ride, and they are always very helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts