BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go.
2014 BMW HP4 Comp number 3578
I received all the necessary paperwork from my Cuz who got it for me at the auction.
So anyway, I never get excited about rebuild projects until I have BOTH the bike and a matching title in my hands. So today I finally got my paperwork along with a rebuild-able salvage title. So today I paid the tax since it was an out of state sale and was issued a Florida rebuildable salvage title in my name so we are good to go for my fix up. I know it will always have that salvage brand and will never be worth anything but I’m building this for myself and have no desire to sell it.

So I’m gonna start with the stock auction pics that I saved on my phone and as I proceed with my tear down I will post pics up. I intend to take the bike down to the frame and re build it checking everything along the way. What I can say is the frame does not have any visible damage other then a few scratches and I cannot verify the health of the engine internals because it did not come with a key or gauge cluster. But it’s ok I have 2 full running engines and 3 full bottom end shortblocks that are all clean numbers and I have paperwork on all in the event I need to use one. But I’m hoping that the engine runs because it doesn’t look like it took any damage. It’s gunna be a pita to get a key made. I’m gunna have to go to the dealership with my ecu and title and pay them to make a key. But other then that with all the s1000rrs that I parted out from wrecks I should be good on parts with the exception of the parts that are exclusive to the hp4. And my absolute favorite piece of bodywork for that bike the carbon fiber bellypan which I know is gunna cost me some big bucks. I remember when I had my hp4 I saw one on eBay for $500. Now I see one up there for $1500. There’s no way I’m paying $1500 for that piece. That’s just crazy.

So anyway I just wanted to share my excitement with y’all. I love these bikes.

These pics are just screenshots from before the actual auction ended. I will post more pics from time to time.

Two things I will definitely need are
Hp4 gauge cluster
Comp carbon fiber belly pan

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,683 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your progress. There was another guy who was rebuilding a HP4. I don't know how far he got. Post up a list of stuff you ned. Maybe some folks on here have parts to spare.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I’d be happy to help you with OEM parts to get this HP4 back together. Forum member BMW_388 it’s very knowledgeable on how the electronics work on these bikes and can help you with getting the keys replaced.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I recently saw a cluster on ebay for around $1,300 new, unless you can find a good deal on a used unit. The good thing about the new unit is that it can be easily programmed to the ecu of your bike, otherwise if it's used, the vin's won't match, and the mileage will flash, heated grips may or may not work, and a GS911 may or may not work due to the vin mismatch. This may be resolved, but if not, and if there's one area you can splurge, I'd say go for a new cluster and I'm certain BMW388 can set you up nicely.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I recently saw a cluster on ebay for around $1,300 new, unless you can find a good deal on a used unit. The good thing about the new unit is that it can be easily programmed to the ecu of your bike, otherwise if it's used, the vin's won't match, and the mileage will flash, heated grips may or may not work, and a GS911 may or may not work due to the vin mismatch. This may be resolved, but if not, and if there's one area you can splurge, I'd say go for a new cluster and I'm certain BMW388 can set you up nicely.
Yea I’m probably gunna go new unless a smokin deal pops up on here. If the price is right I’ll even buy one with a broken lcd as long as the tach still works just to start the bike up. Then buy the new one last. I’m almost finished with the tear down. The motor has excellent compression and leak down is normal. Oil filter was clean with no bearing material noticed by my eyes. I’m thinking about dropping the pan and giving each rod a tug at the crank journal just to see if anything is spun or has any play. Spark plugs are unremarkable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts