BMW S1000RR Forum banner

681 - 700 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm curious...does ANYONE here know directly any person who has contracted COVID? I don't. Seems strange, given the number of cases.
149852 deaths, 0,78% death rate, 19 211 795 infected, 80% has very mild or no symptoms at all.
1,16% (one out of hundred) of US population has had covid with some noticeable symptoms.

·
4,727 Posts
My friend's neighbor and 3 employees from different jobs and locations tested positive.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I think Canada should build a wall along the border, and have the US pay for it....lol....actually... not that funny!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Let me ask this a different way: Does anyone here know anyone who contracted COVID, got quite sick, and developed any of the corollary symptoms (heart problems, etc.) that have been attributed to the virus. So far what I'm hearing is about someone who "tested positive" or had it, but it was mild. What I'm trying to understand is whether the hysteria was warranted, and - if not - what was the real reason for shutting the country down.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
I'm curious...does ANYONE here know directly any person who has contracted COVID? I don't. Seems strange, given the number of cases.
I know a few. They beat it or should i say survived it so far.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Let me ask this a different way: Does anyone here know anyone who contracted COVID, got quite sick, and developed any of the corollary symptoms (heart problems, etc.) that have been attributed to the virus. So far what I'm hearing is about someone who "tested positive" or had it, but it was mild. What I'm trying to understand is whether the hysteria was warranted, and - if not - what was the real reason for shutting the country down.
328 200 000 muricans x 60% x 0.78% would make at least 1 535 976 deaths, if Covid would spread freely in US.
2017 seasonal flu killed 55 672 muricans.
Covid would kill 28 times more.

Normal situation: 2017 number of deaths: 2 813 503. 234 459 per month.

54,6% more deaths in a year, but covid would pile up those bodies in 3(?) months. 511 992 per month.

And additionally there would be a lot of additional covid deaths (on top of that 0.78%) because health care system could not handle the surge, and there would be a lot of additional deaths because health care system could not handle "normal" patients during the covid surge.

The biggest problem with covid is that it is so infectious and spreads fast because 80% has mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. So 80% are not that sick, so they do not stay home, and keep spreading the virus.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Assuming I'm correct that I had it in mid-January, since we weren't testing for COVID-19 yet, I had 48 hours of symptoms. A recent antibody test showed I had it at some point (my guess is after meeting with many of my Chinese suppliers at CES).

If I'm correct on that, I passed it to two friends. Both had a pretty crappy couple days but were otherwise healthy people under 65 so no long term effects.

We've had a couple coworkers with it, all have had full recovery after about 72 hours.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
What's troubling is the often contradictory information and advice coming from our "leaders". Then this morning I read Russia is going to begin "mass vaccination" in October. I'm sure we won't be far behind, if not ahead, on this. With life-saving drugs in years-long trials in this country, it seems that all the safety protocols are going to go out the window in a rush to inject as many people as possible with a vaccine whose safety hasn't really been tested. I hope the "cure" isn't worse than the disease.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Speaking of vaccines...

So, let's tell everyone we'll "got a vaccine!", and hope the relief they feel will induce them to jump on airplanes, go to bars, restaurants and malls, and because we're without liability, what does it matter if they develop terrible side effects later?...we'll get a boost to GDP, and that's all that matters, right?

What a world...o_O

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #698
I'm going to bottle up purel into 1/2 ouch vials and sell it as a vaccine but by taking it you agree that i cannot and will not be held liable for any damages it may cause or if the vaccine doesn't work. Who's in?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I'm going to bottle up purel into 1/2 ouch vials and sell it as a vaccine but by taking it you agree that i cannot and will not be held liable for any damages it may cause or if the vaccine doesn't work. Who's in?
Every man/woman for himself...trust no one...

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Stage 4 restrictions in place now. 600+ cases today.
8pm to 5am curfew
almost every business closed except supermarket, chemist and fuel stations.
1 person to get food from each house only 5km from your home
exercise 1 hour per day groups of 2 only.

681 - 700 of 717 Posts