BMW S1000RR Forum banner

641 - 660 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
With a new deadlier C19 strain, we're screwed in the US. Things can only get worse from here.
Haven't heard of a deadlier strain, but agree we are screwed. I've been perusing a number of stock charts in the past 2 days and am seeing a LOT of formations that ordinarily lead to big drops. How is this relevant? It's a sign that the so-called "big money" may be preparing for a shock to the US economy. And that may be directly tied to COVID...or something no one is discussing yet, because they don't know about it. But someone does, and they are doing something about it. My opinion only, and worth exactly what you paid for it. But I'm preparing...:oops:

·
4,727 Posts
Haven't heard of a deadlier strain, but agree we are screwed. I
There will be a crisis no doubt. Only way to know until post elections IMO.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
TOP10 covid stoppers:
country, population (minimum of 5M), deaths/M pop
1. Taiwan 24M 0.3
2. Hong Kong 7M 0.9
3. Singapore 6M 4
4. Australia 26M 4
5. New Zealand 5M 4
6. Slovakia 5M 5
7. South Korea 51M 6
8. Japan 126M 8
9. Ukraine 43M 32
10. Czechia 11M 33

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
What I find incredible is that COVID cases are rising faster than when we locked down the country in March/April, yet people are acting as if we're back to normal. As one commentator put it: If this (summer) is supposed to be the "quiet" period for the virus, heaven help us when fall arrives.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What I find incredible is that COVID cases are rising faster than when we locked down the country in March/April, yet people are acting as if we're back to normal. As one commentator put it: If this (summer) is supposed to be the "quiet" period for the virus, heaven help us when fall arrives.
Amount of tested cases is much bigger, that is the biggest difference.
Rising rate is lower than in the first wave.
And actual infections is still lower than in the first wave.

·
4,727 Posts
it will never be normal again. Economies will take at least a decade to recover.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Oops...the vaccine reportedly responsible for the huge stock market rally yesterday is, today, said to produce "severe adverse effects" in more than half the drug's trial participants.

Yeah...Trump's comment that we'd have "half the cases" if we cut testing in half is a classic. Sort of in line with the saying that the way to make a small fortune is to start with a big one. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It will be very interesting to see what kind of official covid-stats the will be in the near future....

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I will be very interesting to see what kind of official covid-stats the will be in the near future....

There is no end to the obfuscation and corruption in our country now. I wish the "X-Files" was still on TV: "Trust no one..."

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Cases rising rapidly...many states mandating masks...people don't seem to give a sh*t. They're spending those stimulus checks on frivolous stuff, gathering in masses...and when the news of COVID seems to be getting worse, the White House decides to revoke CDC's ability to report the data.

Just another normal week.

641 - 660 of 717 Posts