BMW S1000RR Forum banner

601 - 620 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
We've been tracking the numbers for the US and individual states, and it DOES appear that cases are increasing again. If so, this country is grossly unprepared for another wave of infection. People will go nuts (as if they aren't already).

·
Registered
980 Posts
"Death reporting lags approximately 28 days from symptom onset, according to CDC models that consider lags in symptoms, time in hospital, and the death reporting process. "

·
4,669 Posts
I used to think 95% of population is dumb, current times proved it's more like 99%.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
It's called "follow the leader"...if you know what I mean.
Careful there, I rode Honda’s for many a year lol :)

Add: Ok, yes I’m an old bastard. ’Back in the day’ Honda’s marketing slogan was ‘Follow the Leader’. Yamaha followed it up with a don‘t follow anyone commercial that was pretty funny. Geeky looking dude riding a smaller Honda wearing goggles at a stop light, and a cool looking dude in leathers pulls up on a cruiser Yammi. Honda dude looks over, Yammi dude leaves him at the light, with a ‘Don’t follow anyone‘ message overlay.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
"Leader" was meant in a different context...but never mind that. The latest info on COVID says..."here we go again". NY, NJ and CT have all imposed 14-day quarantines on people coming to the states from so-call "hotspot" states. May just be the beginning of another shutdown phase. Stock market thinks so...down over 800.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
I live in CT. Took my daughter bicycle riding at Sherwood Island State Park. Not a single person there had a mask on and it was as if everything was perfectly fine

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
"Leader" was meant in a different context...but never mind that. The latest info on COVID says..."here we go again". NY, NJ and CT have all imposed 14-day quarantines on people coming to the states from so-call "hotspot" states. May just be the beginning of another shutdown phase. Stock market thinks so...down over 800.
Yes I know...it was meant to be funny. But a jokes never funny if you have to explain it.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Was an observation...not intended to be funny. But...no problem!
Lol, no my REPLY (follow the leader) was meant to be funny...obviously, my reply was so not funny, it’s derailed the covid thread. I apologize lol. :)

Add: Speaking of covid - from what I can see here (in Oregon) people have moved on like the whole thing is done. Where I used to see most, if not all wear masks, now it’s few, and in some instances none. Excluding workers of course. Crazy times. I expect us to roll back in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Lol, no my REPLY (follow the leader) was meant to be funny...obviously, my reply was so not funny, it’s derailed the covid thread. I apologize lol. :)

Add: Speaking of covid - from what I can see here (in Oregon) people have moved on like the whole thing is done. Where I used to see most, if not all wear masks, now it’s few, and in some instances none. Excluding workers of course. Crazy times. I expect us to roll back in the coming weeks.
Yes...it's happening everywhere. The COVID trajectory site is now showing unmistakable signs that we are heading in a bad direction, even in states that have had little COVID (Montana, for example).

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #618
Yes...it's happening everywhere. The COVID trajectory site is now showing unmistakable signs that we are heading in a bad direction, even in states that have had little COVID (Montana, for example).

Judging from that link it looks like the trajectory is going to the Atlantic Ocean.

601 - 620 of 626 Posts