BMW S1000RR Forum banner

341 - 360 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
If you think COVID-19's impact won't be that great, here is something to ponder:

"The Domestic Box office (movie theaters) brought in a whopping $5,179 for the week of Mar 20-26. Down 100% from $204,193,406 the same week a year ago… These numbers are just incredible."

The article discusses how many people lived paycheck-to-paycheck while times were good (before COVID), and now?...lot of mortgage payments won't get made. Think the banks don't know that?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Trump and CDC recommended today that everyone wear a mask when they go out. Asked if he would, Trump said, "Probably not..."

Think I'll just wear a helmet and ride...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Lol this is accurate
Thought I'd bust yer ballz a little. :) I've always loved Canada and it's people, and their beer (Molson XXX FTMFW!). Although, f#ck GST and all the otther absurd taxes. I lived in Cleveland OH from '91 to 2003, and me and my X used to go visit our Friends in Mississauga (near Toronto) sometimes twice a month for many years. All my buddies up there actually christened me an "Honorary Canadian" as I went and saw not only the Tragically Hip, but Stompin' Tom with them up in Peterborough. Saw a G3 show (Satriani, Vai, Petrucci) in 2001 at Massey Hall in Toronto....well, AFTER we got all hammered at The Brass Rail down the street. I had a total blast every time I went up there, and even thought about moving there but there was no work for me.
I hope y'all are ok up North (Eh?) and wish y'all the best getting thru this. I've always considered Canada the 51st US state! LOL

·
Registered
957 Posts
US, Covid deaths:
31 ago 10 deaths
19 days ago 100 deaths
8 days ago 1000 deaths
If the pace stays the same:
2 days from now 10 000 deaths
13 days from now 100 000 deaths
23 days from now 1 000 000 deaths
us_deaths.png

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
For those predicting a "baby boom" due to COVID "stay at home" orders, hold your horses...

If I were a young married person (I'm married, but not...young), my last goal would be to bring a baby into such a chaotic world. My next door neighbors, in their late 20's, recently had a baby and now both are stuck at home (good for the baby) and facing an uncertain future.

Baby boom? Not so much...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
"Fight against Coronavirus in Finland hampered by lack of leadership"

Looks like they're lagging behind. Hey, in the interest of sharing, I think the US should send all it's coronavirus positive patients to Finland! 2 birds killed with one stone!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
For those predicting a "baby boom" due to COVID "stay at home" orders, hold your horses...

If I were a young married person (I'm married, but not...young), my last goal would be to bring a baby into such a chaotic world. My next door neighbors, in their late 20's, recently had a baby and now both are stuck at home (good for the baby) and facing an uncertain future.

Agreed, right now would be a REALLY bad time to conceive a kid. Buy stock in Tojan!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts

I agree!

But on the other hand, not to be facetious, but from what I’ve seen, there’s a whole bunch of people out there that don’t exactly have five/ten/twenty year plans going on...

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I agree!

But on the other hand, not to be facetious, but from what I’ve seen, there’s a whole bunch of people out there that don’t exactly have five/ten/twenty year plans going on...
The fact that a great many (50%, or 80%, depending on the source) Americans have NO emergency money, and no savings (or less than $1000) proves your thesis.

·
Registered
957 Posts
"Fight against Coronavirus in Finland hampered by lack of leadership"

Looks like they're lagging behind. Hey, in the interest of sharing, I think the US should send all it's coronavirus positive patients to Finland! 2 birds killed with one stone!
It seems that your low IQ is once again lagging very badly.
Read: msg #99, 22 d ago

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
The fact that a great many (50%, or 80%, depending on the source) Americans have NO emergency money, and no savings (or less than $1000) proves your thesis.
Sad but true. Until I finally got the job I have now, with all the bad luck I had, that was me. I don't think it's an "American" thing, I think it's a "generational" thing. For instance, both my parents, and grandparents especially who lived thru the Depression (the first one, not the one under Obama) believed in saving money. My grandmother once told me the story of how back then when she had a cavity, that my grandfather tried to fix it using the aluminum foil peeled off the old gum wrappers. He was an excellent handyman and could fix just about anything (he was McGyver before there was a show about it), but I still don't think I'd want him as my dentist even as much as I loved the guy. I'm actually glad they passed on years ago, they'd be horrified and heartbroken at what this latest Chinese virus has done to Italy...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
341 - 360 of 570 Posts