US, predicted amount of cases, next 7 days:
33 818
47 244
66 000
92 203
128 808
179 947
251 388
It is going to get very ugly in very short time frame.
And still it is only the beginning.

If 60% gets the virus, then total body count will be at least 3 950 000 - 5 900 000.

But, the good thing is, that there will be medical aid before that happens.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Stay safe, all. This week may be challenging for the US. Yesterday I saw many people out and about in the fresh air and sunshine (all good), but still many others in groups that appeared to believe life is still "normal", whatever that is. I took a look online at the tee sheet for the golf course where we play (we're staying away right now) and it was jam-packed with players from opening to closing; this seemed incredibly foolish to me...I think that's courting trouble. What do I know...?

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
In Greece we have a lock down from tomorrow at 06.00. We cannot go out of our houses unless we go to work, to doctor, pet walk or for food. This is going to be the future to many many counties for the next months. We only have 15 casualties until now but we expect the number to rise in the upcoming weeks. We must all be responsible for this to work. We must be optimists for the future.

·
Registered
568 Posts
In Greece we have a lock down from tomorrow at 06.00. We cannot go out of our houses unless we go to work, to doctor, pet walk or for food. This is going to be the future to many many counties for the next months. We only have 15 casualties until now but we expect the number to rise in the upcoming weeks. We must all be responsible for this to work. We must be optimists for the future.
Not really. Communism only works in EU, doesnt really work outside of it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
One odd thing in US numbers has been/ is that the death rate daily multiplier is not changing the same way as the daily cases multiplier. For the past three weeks daily deaths has been at least 25-30% less, per day, compared to daily cases.
So i would not be surprised if the number of deaths will "catch up" the number of cases at some point.
46 374
64 108
88 623
122 512
169 362
234 126
323 657

·
Registered
568 Posts
One odd thing in US numbers has been/ is that the death rate daily multiplier is not changing the same way as the daily cases multiplier. For the past three weeks daily deaths has been at least 25-30% less, per day, compared to daily cases.
So i would not be surprised if the number of deaths will "catch up" the number of cases at some point.
46 374
64 108
88 623
122 512
169 362
234 126
323 657
Spain is new Italy

·
Registered
3,704 Posts

·
Registered
3,704 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
57 957
77 309
103 123
137 556
183 487
244 754
326 479

Daily death rate is still having big imbalance vs daily case rate.
So i would not be surprised if there is a big jump in daily deaths this week or next week.

·
Registered
322 Posts
So South Africa also on Lock down for 21 days from Thursday. Only 402 confirmed cases with 2 recoveries and no deaths. Guess its a good thing as our government hospitals are up to Sh!t as well as a third world country. If it hits the rural parts, we will catch up to Italy fast.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
On a personal note, I was turned away from testing after a phone call with my PCP. According to her, and our local hospital, they flat out aren’t testing anyone, due to shortages of tests, and the lack of testing capacity even if tests were available. She said that even if a test was available, the state testing facility was only able to process a few dozen tests per day.

So, if that’s the case, even the numbers that are listed (like on the State of Oregon’s website) are terribly under reported. As far as I’m concerned, we might as well be living in a third world country...our government and leaders are pathetic.

And if, as in my case, people aren’t tested, how can anyone make decisions regarding covid, when the base numbers which decisions are based upon, aren’t even accurate?

This is off of our local hospitals website...

Testing Information
There is currently a nationwide shortage of COVID-19 test kits and limited capacity of labs to analyze results. Testing is not currently available to the general public in our communities. At this time, PeaceHealth hospitals and clinics are only testing people for COVID-19 who fall into several high-risk categories. This includes those needing to be admitted to our hospitals, and those who are at highest risk of spreading the virus to others, including healthcare and public safety workers. We hope to be able to provide more testing in the future and will continue to reevaluate as testing capabilities increase across the nation.

·
Registered
900 Posts
On a personal note, I was turned away from testing after a phone call with my PCP. According to her, and our local hospital, they flat out aren’t testing anyone, due to shortages of tests, and the lack of testing capacity even if tests were available. She said that even if a test was available, the state testing facility was only able to process a few dozen tests per day.

So, if that’s the case, even the numbers that are listed (like on the State of Oregon’s website) are terribly under reported. As far as I’m concerned, we might as well be living in a third world country...our government and leaders are pathetic.

And if, as in my case, people aren’t tested, how can anyone make decisions regarding covid, when the base numbers which decisions are based upon, aren’t even accurate?
Same thing in any EU country.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts

This is off of our local hospitals website...

Testing Information
There is currently a nationwide shortage of COVID-19 test kits and limited capacity of labs to analyze results. Testing is not currently available to the general public in our communities. At this time, PeaceHealth hospitals and clinics are only testing people for COVID-19 who fall into several high-risk categories. This includes those needing to be admitted to our hospitals, and those who are at highest risk of spreading the virus to others, including healthcare and public safety workers. We hope to be able to provide more testing in the future and will continue to reevaluate as testing capabilities increase across the nation.
The deaths due to this Chinese virus are ALWAYS going to be reported, the limited testing means that the death rate reported is going to be artificially high because we do not know the number of people who had it and have recovered. This is something mentioned in the article I linked.

201 - 220 of 348 Posts