BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please everyone protect yourselves. from what I’ve read hand sanitizer is a must right now. A lot of stores are selling out so if you haven’t already you might want to pick some up. Luckily for me my girlfriend is a Germaphobe and keeps a 55 gallon drum of it in her purse.
There are many things that are normally imported that appear to be selling out as well. Read up and learn what you can. it doesn’t hurt to be prepared.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Not sure I like your username and discussions on potentially terminal diseases!!

But very valid point.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The problem with covid-19 is that it spreads like normal seasonal influenza. But its 20-30-times more lethal. For example in italy, just in six days from 322 cases to 2036 (todays count) cases and already 52 dead. That is 1 dead per 39 cases. Mainly old people.

As long as hospitals can give intensive care, normal health middle-age death rate to covid is only 0.4% or so.

But the real problem is, if the epidemi gets worse, that hospitals are not able to give treatment just because there is not enough beds, respirators, doctors, etc. Because so many covid-patient needs intensive care vs normal seasonal influenza.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct. With the normal flu they can just give you TheraFlu and Tylenol and in a week you should feel better. This has a potential to spread out of control and as Speed fin stated, the hospitals will not be able to treat all of the patients. So many stores in my area are selling out of flu medicine, water, face masks, etc. I don’t know why people are trying to stockpile water but all this panic shopping is a little out of control. The only thing I agree with for once is hand sanitizer. I guess we could all just buy hazmat suits.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If my girlfriend didnt already like it in all three.... I’d say this would be a good reason to get it in her rear. “Ok babe I’m only putting it in to spread the medicated oil..”

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Buy more toilet paper!

Italy today:
3089 infected
107 dead (1 dead per 29 infected!)
229 in serious condition

US now ~150 cases, so it takes a week or so and the situation is the same as in italy at the moment.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Carry on fanning the flames.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is incredible how fast this can easily spread.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Todays main numbers in europe:
Italy total 3858, +769 new cases in last 24h
is followed by:
Germany 514 +252
France 377 +92
Spain 259 +31
Other european coutries max 115 cases at the moment.
Epidemy in europe started in northen italy (Milan, Venice, etc).
And at then virus travelled; with (northern) italians to other (european) countries, or with tourists visiting northern italy.

US 164.

Same thing in any country...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Today:
Italy 4636, 197 dead.
1 dead per 24 infected.
Grim reaper...
Germany 679
France 613
Spain 387
USA 256
Switzerland 214

200 has been the approx limit when **** really hits the fan.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the update posts Speedfinn. Keep them coming.. Two more cases just hit CT. One right in my home town and she is a nurse and treated patients so who knows how many more around here are walking around infected.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Italy 5883, +1247 in 24h, thats about one per one minute.
It might get really serious in there.

One big thing is Singapore and Hong Kong. Only 138 and 108 cases. The thing is that year 2003, during SARS 1.0 epidemi (death rate 9.6%), those countries learned what to do.
So now they have been doing the things they have developed.
For example, Singapore announces names, dates, places, everything, of individual cases, so that everybody can avoid the virus as much as possible.
And so far it has been very effective.
Those both countries have extremely high population density.
And Hong Kong is also neighbor to china.

So, if any country would really like to stop virus from spreading, those two countries has a lot to give in that matter.
But it seems that other countries will be learning from SARS 2.0/Covid-19.

"Funny" thing is Iran.
Official numbers are 5823 cases, 145 dead.
But unofficial numbers are 10-1000 times more. In reality, there is a full blown apocalypse going on.
And Iranians have been spreading the virus all over middle-east and also in europe.

Other numbers today:
France 949
Germany 800
Spain 503
So epidemi has started in all big european countries.

USA 373, +54 in 24h, 17 dead, it has begun.

The next ones:
Switzerland 268, UK 206, Netherlands 188, Belgium 169, Sweden 161, Norway 155.

A few days ago eastern european countries all had about 0 cases, now all have 1-100 cases.

Norwegian is (was...) the third largest low-cost carrier in Europe behind easyJet and Ryanair.
Norwegian share price has dropped 69.5% in three weeks.
2018 Revenue was NOK 40.265 billion. 1 NOK ia about 0.1 USD.

Links to "live" numbers:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Might be a total hoax, but if true, totally priceless. :D
"The man believed to be coronavirus patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant refused to self-isolate after testing positive for the virus and continued to deliver food. "

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
One thing about the COVID-19 hysteria is the impact on financial markets. The number of cases and the number of fatalities is nowhere near a level that would account for the action in financial markets these past 2 weeks. But it could be the "pin" that finally pops the overvalued bubble financial assets have existed in for some time.

This is an unusual time. Perhaps COVID-19 really is going to blossom into a full-blown global pandemic, with all the attendant panic...or perhaps it's just a story being used to explain a full-blown global financial meltdown that had its origins in unwise, perhaps blatantly reckless, monetary policy. The chickens do seem to be coming home to roost...

Fascinating.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Might be a total hoax, but if true, totally priceless. :D
"The man believed to be coronavirus patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant refused to self-isolate after testing positive for the virus and continued to deliver food. "
What about all the people spitting in China.....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
One thing about the COVID-19 hysteria is the impact on financial markets. The number of cases and the number of fatalities is nowhere near a level that would account for the action in financial markets these past 2 weeks. But it could be the "pin" that finally pops the overvalued bubble financial assets have existed in for some time.

This is an unusual time. Perhaps COVID-19 really is going to blossom into a full-blown global pandemic, with all the attendant panic...or perhaps it's just a story being used to explain a full-blown global financial meltdown that had its origins in unwise, perhaps blatantly reckless, monetary policy. The chickens do seem to be coming home to roost...

Fascinating.
2017 DJI rised from 20k to 25k = 25%
2018 DJI rised from 25k to 27k = 8%, and dropped to 23k =15%, hysteria anyone...?
2019 DJI rised from 23k to 29k = 26%

Soooooo, what do you think, hi-speed trading algorithims, or real life financial markets? :)

And btw, current "financial markets hysteria" started november 1st...7th, way before SARS 2.0/Covid-19.

Or, check microsoft stock graph, and ask yourself, are random human beings able to make a geometric shape from 2010 to 2020.
Or DJI 2017 geometric shape.

1 - 20 of 717 Posts