BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an entertaining video. ;)

I went down three teeth in the rear sprocket and now it feels much better at the 1/4 mile. Wheelies are more manageable and I don't have to shift into 5th right before the 1/4 marker. Now I need to get accustomed to launch at a higher RPM. The goal is to run a 10.4 or better, the best I've ran so far is [email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Great stuff.
I might need to bite the bullet and try RD one more time and bring the SuperDuke. I ran it one time, about 3 passes at VMP.
How many passes did you get, looks like this was on a Friday night?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many passes did you get, looks like this was on a Friday night?
It was yesterday's evening. I got to make 4 passes, but I couldn't nail the launch in either run, with a best of 1.9 to 60'. I waited about 1 1/2 hours to do a final pass, but someone crashed against the wall right before it was time for the bikes to go out.

Btw, where's the time ticket?
It was weaksauce. A [email protected] on the BMW to a [email protected] on the busa. I'm still on my quest to run a 10.4/10.3, I think it shouldn't be hard to achieve once I dial-in the launch.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
It was yesterday's evening. I got to make 4 passes, but I couldn't nail the launch in either run, with a best of 1.9 to 60'. I waited about 1 1/2 hours to do a final pass, but someone crashed against the wall right before it was time for the bikes to go out.

Welcome to Richmond Dragway.

It was weaksauce. A [email protected] on the BMW to a [email protected] on the busa. I'm still on my quest to run a 10.4/10.3, I think it shouldn't be hard to achieve once I dial-in the launch.
Dude you're not huge, but you're also not a diminutive guy, neither is the bike.
That's really good, dropping 3 teeth off the back, did you have get a different chain? In theory it should have increased the wheelbase, maybe an inch?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude you're not huge, but you're also not a diminutive guy, neither is the bike.
That's really good, dropping 3 teeth off the back, did you have get a different chain? In theory it should have increased the wheelbase, maybe an inch?
I got all new sprockets and chain (had over 21k on the stock one). I went with a 520 set-up and had the chain cut to size, so the wheelbase remained the same if not shorter now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts