BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
@Tolete, HUGE thanks for this.

I got a long way with Wine and WineBottler using your guidance, but not all the way there. I think I might know where the issue lies, but don't know how to fix it.

The manual is the S1KRR FSM.iso file, which mounts as RepROM_K46.

I created the bundle, but it was having trouble finding any data at all. I'd get the BMW splash screen and an interface that would let me navigate to what should have been a chapter in the manual, but when trying to see what was there I'd get a yellow screen with an obscure XML-related error message.

Thinking that I needed to point the program to the mounted .iso image instead of the default directory provided at initial startup of the .exe file, I tried that... but got Windows dialog box messages saying I had no permission to access any directory on the mounted "disc" (i.e. .iso file).

I started over, and this time in the bundle creation options box I told WineBottler to copy all files in the directory containing my .exe into the bundle, on the premise that it might put all of the .iso contents into the MacOS app and make mounting the .iso disc image unnecessary.

Now the interface works, no error messages... but when selecting any procedure in the manual, I get no content... just a blank white screen with what is obviously the CD-ROM navigation bar across the top. Each main topic area (e.g. "Engine") has an icon with a red X, which I gather means data not found.

There's a setting in the interface to set the location of your XML directory, but I don't know what to point to. I've tried a bunch of likely suspects but get the same result.

Any idea?

Worst case I'll just go buy an old Windows laptop or a copy of Windows and run Parallels or VMWare, but it would be nice to avoid jumping through those hoops.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to those who posted the 2016 service manual. I'm trying to learn how to utilize the RSD software, steep learning curve. Is there a way to view the manual as a single pdf file? I tried searching through the folders but did not find what I was looking for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Danke, i just double check the file "2012-2013 S1000RR SERVICE MANUAL K42.rar" and everything checks out. It extracted just fine for me, the .exe you want to run for this manual is the "RSD.exe" file. Try again, not sure why your not seen it, but none the less this is a large file as it contains many different manuals of different bikes, for a range of years.
Not able to find the files either. Only thing i get is: Too many requests

Sorry, this link has been automatically turned off for now.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Any good and care to share ?
I am by no means a bike tech, but I think it is pretty good. If you are a 'tinkerer' and like to do your own servicing, etc, then I think for the price it is well worth it. Just be aware it is not printed on the highest quality paper, so needs a little 'looking after'.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts