BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Never used a service manual before. Is this something that will walk me through my 18k service or just something to be used as a reference point when any questions I have pop up? At any rate; I'm just trying to gather any and all tools I need before I go valve deep in my darling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
MAC Users;
1. Download and install WineBottler 1.6.x.dmg Stable
2. Drag and drop Wine and WineBottler into the applications folder.
3. Go to the windows files you want to run/open and right click and click open with Wine.
4. Select “Convert to simple OS X Application bundle with WineBottler”. Click Go
5. At the App Bundle section check “Self-contained: include Wine.app, so the user doesn’t have to install it” Click Install
6. Save As: Manual or whatever you like. Click Save.
7. Done

I did it step by step, downloaded 2015 service manual (3.2 GB), unzipped file with wine bottler...but then from there it wont open the program or files?!?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
MAC Users;
1. Download and install WineBottler 1.6.x.dmg Stable
2. Drag and drop Wine and WineBottler into the applications folder.
3. Go to the windows files you want to run/open and right click and click open with Wine.
4. Select “Convert to simple OS X Application bundle with WineBottler”. Click Go
5. At the App Bundle section check “Self-contained: include Wine.app, so the user doesn’t have to install it” Click Install
6. Save As: Manual or whatever you like. Click Save.
7. Done

I did it step by step, downloaded 2015 service manual (3.2 GB), unzipped file with wine bottler...but then from there it won't open the program or files?!?
Sorry for the late response, I lurk on here every blue moon. So if you are not familiar with Winebottler it's a program that TRIES to convert Windows software to be able to view it on Mac. If you are having problems I suggest using a windows pc or maybe an android tablet.

Which manual are you trying to open/view?

·
Registered
168 Posts
So after you guys get the directions for whatever it is you want to work on, are any of you able to see the included pictures so you know what the directions are referring to?

Link to higher quality screenshot:
https://imgur.com/36DTs4E

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
So after you guys get the directions for whatever it is you want to work on, are any of you able to see the included pictures so you know what the directions are referring to?
What manual is that?
What is the total size of the file?
For example RepROM_K46 (.iso) file is 316 MB when mounted, and pictures work ok.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What manual is that?
What is the total size of the file?
For example RepROM_K46 (.iso) file is 316 MB when mounted, and pictures work ok.
I apologize for the delay. I replied on my phone earlier and am just now seeing that my reply was never posted.

Anyhow, I found the solution to my problem. I attempted to run RSD.exe for the 2015 Service Manual using Wine on my Mac and it gave me the issue of not loading the pictures/diagrams along with the instructions.
So I tried running the program again after rebooting my Mac into Windows 10 and it worked flawlessly. I'm just trying to fully understand how the program works now, but for the most part, I think I've figured out how to get the instructions I'm looking for to come up. Hopefully I can print them in advance, or even get a pdf copy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I may be missing something obvious but does this service manual cover the 2016 S1000RR? Vin code 0D21. I'm not seeing this designator as a choice under the manual program and I haven't been able to find the service manual that covers the 2016's.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I apologize for the delay. I replied on my phone earlier and am just now seeing that my reply was never posted.

Anyhow, I found the solution to my problem. I attempted to run RSD.exe for the 2015 Service Manual using Wine on my Mac and it gave me the issue of not loading the pictures/diagrams along with the instructions.
So I tried running the program again after rebooting my Mac into Windows 10 and it worked flawlessly. I'm just trying to fully understand how the program works now, but for the most part, I think I've figured out how to get the instructions I'm looking for to come up. Hopefully I can print them in advance, or even get a pdf copy.
Glad, this is useful to you.

What a very cool post and service you're providing here.

Thank you!!!
You're welcome

Thanks for this. Quite useful
You're welcome

I may be missing something obvious but does this service manual cover the 2016 S1000RR? Vin code 0D21. I'm not seeing this designator as a choice under the manual program and I haven't been able to find the service manual that covers the 2016's.

Thanks
Not sure, check and see. Currently working on getting 2016/17/18 manuals.

·
Registered
833 Posts
2015 BMW S1000RR MY15 User Manual.pdf 3.0 MB

2015 BMW S1000RR MY15 User Manual.pdf

2010-18 S1000RR SERVICE MANUAL.zip 2.99 GB

2010-18 S1000RR SERVICE MANUAL.zip
Thanks for sharing but this is the 2015 version, same as one previously posted. When you install it says it's out of date and recommends update. I agree 2015-2018 is same bike, but would be nice to have the updated files as some torque settings have been tweaked over the years, for example the lower triple clamps.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts