BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I recently bought a bike with Race ECU and RCK2 enabled (2013 s1000rr). Im new to this and i dont quiet understand what to do... The bike is doing the wheelies in RAIN mode, traction is not cutting them and i would like to prevent wheelies in RAIN and SPORT mode. Can someone help me what to do or how to correct this Slipcor maps to prevent that? I put it on stock, enabled a pit limiter and launch control on my wishes but here im not sure what and how to do...I dont want to mess up the stock RCK2 map because probably is letting enough for normal track driver and i have to know the bike better to mess with this settings i just want to add something to prevent wheelies. And also when i press write to my ECU everything is OK, when i click read data from ECU i get error (it doesnt want to read from ECU). Any idea about that to?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Is your ecu oem or flashed?
Are you using RCK2 sw in pc/laptop?
Oem datacable or copy?

First thing would be to buy a datalogger. Then you are able to see what ecu and dtc are doing when you are riding.
Then tweak maps and test ride, and check the data to see how tweaked settings/ maps works:
When and how much dtc intervenes and how bike/ front wheel reacts.

Read original maps, and store them to a file.
Then tweak maps, and store them to another file.
Etc.
Then you can choose which settings you write to ecu.

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
HI,

I recently bought a bike with Race ECU and RCK2 enabled (2013 s1000rr). Im new to this and i dont quiet understand what to do... The bike is doing the wheelies in RAIN mode, traction is not cutting them and i would like to prevent wheelies in RAIN and SPORT mode. Can someone help me what to do or how to correct this Slipcor maps to prevent that? I put it on stock, enabled a pit limiter and launch control on my wishes but here im not sure what and how to do...I dont want to mess up the stock RCK2 map because probably is letting enough for normal track driver and i have to know the bike better to mess with this settings i just want to add something to prevent wheelies. And also when i press write to my ECU everything is OK, when i click read data from ECU i get error (it doesnt want to read from ECU). Any idea about that to?
RCK2 does not have wheelie independent control like RCK3 does.

It also depends on what RCK2 version you have in the ECU and there is no way to tell if it is a OEM released dealer version or the IDM released version. Each version has some slight differences in the DTC strategies.

It also depends on what you call a wheelie. 6 inches off the ground corner exit WOT and it not coming up any further is not a wheelie out of control. it is expected and making a weight transfer that some can handle and some cannot. Wheelie control of the ECU is highly dependent on the person as much as the settings of the electronics. You corner exit wacking the throttle is not a controlled situation and can lead to the electronics being confused and create mixed results.

you dont have a independent DTC plus minus 7 adjustment it appears as this is not a HP4. So, you will have to go into the RCK2 settings Slip Cor tables and adjust to your needs and feel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know if the bike is flashed i was just told it has RCK2. In software its showing RCK1, RCK2, DTC, RPKIT, SASS enabled... that all i can tell. Yes im using laptop and software. Datacable is copy. The problem is when i press read data from ECU it doesnt show them it says error but i can make changes and upload to bike, do the adaptations and everything. I was changing launch control RPM just to see if its working and it is. So if the bike is flashed and if i make any changes in RCK2 can i reverse back? To uncheck back to X and it will go back to previous setting or what? Because i uploaded "stock" rck settings to bike and i dont know now is it better or worse then it was before... i know that this are dumb questions but im really new at that and trying to understand the working of this. As it goes for wheelies, on stock s1000rr in sport mode for example when you pop a whellie traction cuts it and bike goes down almost immediatly, here with rck i tried to pull a whellie in rain mode and dtc didnt cut it down...ok it was not a ling whellie but definetly different than on stock bike.

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
I dont know if the bike is flashed i was just told it has RCK2. In software its showing RCK1, RCK2, DTC, RPKIT, SASS enabled... that all i can tell. Yes im using laptop and software. Datacable is copy. The problem is when i press read data from ECU it doesnt show them it says error but i can make changes and upload to bike, do the adaptations and everything. I was changing launch control RPM just to see if its working and it is. So if the bike is flashed and if i make any changes in RCK2 can i reverse back? To uncheck back to X and it will go back to previous setting or what? Because i uploaded "stock" rck settings to bike and i dont know now is it better or worse then it was before... i know that this are dumb questions but im really new at that and trying to understand the working of this. As it goes for wheelies, on stock s1000rr in sport mode for example when you pop a whellie traction cuts it and bike goes down almost immediatly, here with rck i tried to pull a whellie in rain mode and dtc didnt cut it down...ok it was not a ling whellie but definetly different than on stock bike.
First thing to learn is it is not RAIN SPORT RACE SLICK any longer.

it is Mode 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

all modes are the same power so there will be no "likeness" to the word Rain on a stock ECU.

It appears you have something enabled, but that does not mean it is enabled correctly. Half installed software calibrations of RCK2 will yield very bad results.

If you cannot not READ first the ECU, you should have never wrote to it. You have lost whatever was in there and no telling if that was good or worse than where you are now.

Reactions: skapan

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I dont know if the bike is flashed i was just told it has RCK2.
The problem is when i press read data from ECU it doesnt show them it says error
Use BMW_388s services and let him sort out whats wrong with the ecu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First thing to learn is it is not RAIN SPORT RACE SLICK any longer.

it is Mode 1 , 2 , 3 , 4

all modes are the same power so there will be no "likeness" to the word Rain on a stock ECU.

It appears you have something enabled, but that does not mean it is enabled correctly. Half installed software calibrations of RCK2 will yield very bad results.

If you cannot not READ first the ECU, you should have never wrote to it. You have lost whatever was in there and no telling if that was good or worse than where you are now.
Damn... Ok i understand that but i was reading posts on this forum that if you for example change somehting in RCK2 with ✅ marked that it writes this changes to ECU, when you chose ❌ next to it and write again to ECU then it goes to program that is flashed on the ECU (back to the ECU program or how do i call that). Isnt this correct? And is the "basic" map of RCK2 good enough for normal user/racer, that DTC takes away everything that should, or is it bad? Because i want (for now) that DTC does his job until i get to know the bike on road and track, thats why i changed to "stock" settings on it...i dont know (here i did a mistake probably) what DTC setting were original there, but probabably more agressive. But i have no idead why i can write to ECU but cant read from ECU...because like i said it seems that writing to ECU work (as far as it goes for Pit limiter and launch control - this i could try when i was changing the values). And another thing, i suposed to have audiable DTC now (dealer told me and i tried on central stand and its true) so im not sure whats going on anymore.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i suposed to have audiable DTC now (dealer told me and i tried on central stand and its true) so im not sure whats going on anymore.
Then it is flashed ecu and dtc maps are not stock.
Use BMW_388s services and let him sort out whats wrong with the ecu.

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
Damn... Ok i understand that but i was reading posts on this forum that if you for example change somehting in RCK2 with ✅ marked that it writes this changes to ECU, when you chose ❌ next to it and write again to ECU then it goes to program that is flashed on the ECU (back to the ECU program or how do i call that). Isnt this correct? And is the "basic" map of RCK2 good enough for normal user/racer, that DTC takes away everything that should, or is it bad? Because i want (for now) that DTC does his job until i get to know the bike on road and track, thats why i changed to "stock" settings on it...i dont know (here i did a mistake probably) what DTC setting were original there, but probabably more agressive. But i have no idead why i can write to ECU but cant read from ECU...because like i said it seems that writing to ECU work (as far as it goes for Pit limiter and launch control - this i could try when i was changing the values). And another thing, i suposed to have audiable DTC now (dealer told me and i tried on central stand and its true) so im not sure whats going on anymore.
From the way you describe how the ECU is reacting, you likely have a RS2E flash. Typically they do not install a full OEM based working RCK2 / nor RCK3 solution in 15-19 K46.

I have not tested the 12-14 version they have, so I cannot help you much in the practical application use. It appears you are in Europe and not North America, so helping you with your hardware is unlikely.

You are correct in that putting the X in the box and turning off that table allows the code to run a base table rather than a modified table. However, you are still running the code of RCK versus the OEM bone stock code. There is no turning off RCK and thinking that the ECU structure reverts back to bone stock running of the code. Sometimes I wish it was that easy. BMW sold complete ECU replacements for the 12-14 to get around the emissions regulations. Had nothing to do with the structure of the ECU inputs and outputs of the wiring, except on HP4 13/14. That did have critical wiring differences even on the engine wiring side.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
From the way you describe how the ECU is reacting, you likely have a RS2E flash. Typically they do not install a full OEM based working RCK2
It depends on what you order from them.
I have a fully functional RCK2 flash from RS2E in my 2011.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So to elaborate this, if i made some changes i can upload changes to ECU, if i dont want them anymore i can put X and rewrite to ECU and it will go back to map that its flashed on bike?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
So to elaborate this, if i made some changes i can upload changes to ECU, if i dont want them anymore i can put X and rewrite to ECU and it will go back to map that its flashed on bike?
If it is an RS2E ECU then you might need to directly contact them and they might be able to help you. Do you know who was the owner of the bike before it was sold to you? IF you do then you might ask him about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts